ICE Wiring Question

Mike C

So aside from that, I should buy 2 more RCA cables to match?

A distribution block?

anything else?

Then for the DVD/Screen stuff I need that VEBA video amplifier thing, plus anything else?

Yeah mike , you have 3 outputs on the head unit F / R / S - F + R to your Kenny amp S to the Vibe = 3 sets RCA

and 1 input on the head unit AV - DVD out to the Head input = 1 set RCA

You will need to plug the VEBA av expander in to the DVD Vid out and then 3 Vid cables = 1 per screen

You will also have to power + remote and earth to each screen.

Total = 4 X 5 m RCA + 3 vid leads

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I need 4 RCA Cables now?

Right.

I can order that £60 VIBE wiring kit that Stu posted directly from the VIBE shop as it's on offer in April for £24.99

They sell seperate matching RCA Cables on there, but they're £24.99 a piece! But anyway, I need for of them?

It says nothing on the wiring kit about a fuse, so I need a fuse and fuse carrier?

Video cables? Where do I get them from? Do VEBA do them?

I THINK this is the DVD player I have

http://www.veba.uk.com/products/info/AV2701.html

it has some wires supplied with it, not sure what exactly

Are any of these what I'm after?

http://www.veba.uk.com/products/wiring.html

For the Vid side of things you are only needing the single strand yellow rca type lead -

You want the veba vid amp plugged into the dvd vid sig out that way you have three outputs instead of 1 and each 1 will go to each screen.

So 3 yellow single vid rca cables prob 2 x 3 m and 1 x 5 m to do the front screen and the 4 sets of audio RCA's .

A fuse block and a distribution block to split the power to the 2 amps.

A length of remote switch wire to turn the amps on and i find it easier using 3 core trailer cable all fused to power the screens up - keeps it a lot neater.

You can buy the Vid rca almost anywhere.

If we take the subs and 2nd amp out of the equation for a minute, do I need a distribution block if I'm only running one amp and 4 speakers?

and as for what I said about that wiring kit for £25, ignore that. It was the same range, but only included the power cable, remote wire etc, no RCA's or speaker cable, but I've seen the very one for £50 on ebay, so that'll do

If we take the subs and 2nd amp out of the equation for a minute, do I need a distribution block if I'm only running one amp and 4 speakers?

no , the only need for the distribution block is to enable you to safely split the power from one main cable into 2 / 3 /4 depending on how many other amps you want to feed.

You can always add it at a later date anyway just unhook it from the Kenny amp and place into the distribution block then take your power feed from there.

Nearly-Def- you need to learn quotes ;)

[ quote ] some quote here [ /quote ] (without spaces)

I'd always run a distribution block, makes life easier if you want to remove stuff from the car and now be left with live cables floating around.

Here's my dodgy wiring.. well no, my installers dodgy wiring, which he's since had to re-do due to noise.....

http://di.cx/gallery/d/17437-2/stu_a300_210308%20003.jpg

Mike, you need a pair of RCA's for each pair of speakers..... there are other ways to do it if you have processors and stuff, but if you're going straight from HU to amp then you need a pair per pair of speakers.. unless you're happy to split the signal from one pair to four channels, but this stops you being able to fade front/rear/sub etc.

I don't think I'll be wanting to do that anyway tbh, don't want anything over-fancy/complicated. As long as I got the normal volume/bass/treble control from the headunit, I'll be happy. Unless you're saying that really is a crap way to do it? I'll get 4 cables if I have to...

And if you're saying a distribution block is still a good idea, I'll get a VIBE one, keep it all matching. Do I need a fused one or a non-fused one?

mike your still gonna need 3 sets , if you want to control the audio from the DVD through the HEAD , so in my book that is 2 sets from the head for F + R and then 1 set from the DVD audio out to the audio input on the head.

And to save you the hassle of pulling out the trim again should you wish to add the sub later why not run your sub rca while you do the rest , you can always put blanking covers on the plugs to protect them.

If so you need 4 sets of RCA's and only 3 if you want to run your single amp and still control the audio for the dvd through your head unit.

As stu , rightly said , you can add processors and networks to split signals and add extra feeds - but if all you want to do is have a cost effective system with fader control from your head and control the av audio from the head too then i would def say 3 sets of rca if you dont want the sub and 4 sets if you want to add the sub later.

Stu , im very new to the pc world and its still a learning curve , cheers for the tip mate.

I'll stick with the 3 for now. I know i may be more hassle, but if and when I decide to add the sub, I think I know pretty much what to do once all the rest is up and running

:cheers:

One more question on that...

If I buy the VIBE wiring kit with the 5m RCA, plus buy another VIBE 5m RCA for the speakers, what do a buy for running the DVD/Screens through the speakers? Do I buy another 5m VIBE one, or do I only need a shorter/cheaper/different one?

Plus, then you're saying I need 3 single yellow RCA cables?

Only ones ebay are throwing up are these male to male ones, that right?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Composite-Video-Yell...1QQcmdZViewItem

They look a bit cheap though, but will they do the job, or do I look elsewhere?

hang on, that says 1.8m, let me have another look

I've found a 5m one, can't find any 3m though :nutter: Anyone got a better source, or shall I just order 3 of those?

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/cablestar...urce=googlebase