Audio Volume Problem

ScottSummerhayes

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Common sense suggests it cant be right here. Even sensitivity readings arent accurate, do you know what distance and conditions theyre taken from? Freeair, ported, sealed?

Numbers arent the be all and end all, experience and understanding is.

fpmsl wheres that shovel :nutter:

Did promise meself I wasnt coming back pmsl Ive only lasted almost half and hour before Ive given in, curse my lack of willpower (Im the same with fags, booze and birds you know)

measurements in decibels (thats the db bit) taken at 1 meter when the speaker is fed with 1 watt of power....I would have thought that someone with your experience and understanding would have experienced and understood that before. :rolleyes:

Really thought I had you on the sensitivity one Bob but your common sense has got me beat again.

Whos to say that all manufacturers do it? I can comfortably say they perform very simple sweep tests and merely write down the highest value they get.

Im basing this on my experience of car audio speakers anyway!

Edited by MC_Bob

lmfao this is like the cat in the box theory......

funny reading it though.

As such industry standards should mean that each set of values is a close constant and only a few systems need to be tested for QC.

That is all well and good in theory but we all know mass produced stuff from electronic orientated countries sometimes bend the rules slightly ;)

having said that, Given perfect and optimum conditions the theory redcab puts into practice is right.

But if you bolt a mass produced speaker into a bucket of rust and expect crystal clear clarity think again.

I think thats the point MC BOB is trying to make ???

bit of a mute point though as the mathmatics quoted is right when applied in its correct form.

Stop arguing ladies! But thanks for all the help...

Basically i need a nice new amp to power my speakers! At the moment iv played a lot with crossovers/filters and EQ's and got it sounds not to bad :) but i had to turn down everything else to compensate for the lower volume speakers :(

Thanksss