ford focus stereo wiring diagram

dutchkev

went to change the stereo over on the focus to my new one, had the ISO kit ready, took the stereo out to be greeted with this:-

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh56/dutchkev/DSC00483.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh56/dutchkev/DSC00484.jpg

the guy who owned it before me BUTCHERD the original wiring and took the block off :vangry: :nutter: is there anyone who can help me with either A) a wiring diagram so i can attatch the original block back on and use the ISO kit or B) earn a few beer tokens and help a retard out ?? :innocent:

Edited by dutchkev

Black, Red and Yellow are power...

Black - Earth (-)

Yellow - Constant/Battery (+)

Red - Switched/Ignition (+)

Sometimes the Switched and the Constant are the opposite way round... Won't do any harm if you get them the wrong way but the radios memory won't be held and the radio won't turn off with the ignition (You'll have to tune your radio stations back in etc)... Best way to figure that out is with a multimeter... with the ignition off test to see which way gives power... the other should only give power when the ignition is on.

Then you'll have 4 coloured pairs (One with no line, one with a line) 2x Purple, 2x Grey, 2x White and 2x Green...

Solid Purple - Rear Right (+)

Lined Purple - Rear Right (-)

Solid Grey - Front Right (+)

Lined Grey - Front Right (-)

Solid White - Front Left (+)

Lined White - Front Left (-)

Solid Green - Rear Left (+)

Lined Green - Rear Left (-)

That should be it...

Looking at the photos you may need an ISO-DIN aerial converter... Ebay for one of them!

ISO-DIN Aerial adaptor - Bullet Type

ISO-DIN Aerial adaptor - Extension Type (Better if your arerial lead is short!)

Other cables are... (Optional)

Orange/White - Dimmer (What dims the radios lights when you turn the car's headlights on)

Blue/White - Power Control (Connect to the correct line on an AMP to switch them on and off with the radio)

Brown - Telephone Mute (For in car Handsfree/Telephone kits... mutes the radio when you get a call)

If you get stuck... Frodsham isn't that far away... Bring your harness to butcher and some terminal blocks and it can be sorted within 15-20mins

Edited by phil-smith.tk

cheers phil your a leg-end! i have the ariel adapter already (2 infact), all i have to do now is get a length of focus wiring loom :rolleyes: the fella has hooked it up so its on permanantly, i.e stereo stays on even when key is out of ignition X(

Chop up your ISO adaptor for your aftermarket stereo... with some terminal blocks connect it up to the current wires.

Get your multimeter out and find out which is the switched/ignition line also... and connect that in via terminal block accordingly

:cheers:

UPDATE

removed all the crappy wiring that the previous cowboy had done and started cleaning everything up, matched the wires colour to colour from the exsisting loom to the new piece if loom i got from another focus, but nothing works appart from the CD ejecting, so i at least have some power from the perm live (white wire)

ive notcied that the fella took a permanant live from the ciggy lighter (!) to his old head unit, which makes me think he's hacked the ignition live to far down.

anyone know what colour the ignition live wire on the focus loom is? im sure its this one im missing as i cannot power up the unit, only eject CD's.

help greatly appreciated :cheers: