numberplates?

fresh dfm

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ didnt you get a fine or warning by old bill with them aswell :roll:

Yeh they chased me :( :roll: ......I fought the law and the law won pmsl

Only because i had my small plate on though, they didnt have a problem with the rear plate which was Handel font but standard size and never have :thumb:

Gave me a £30 fine and they were well within their rights to do so, i knew it was illegal....No complaints from me :cheers: Still think Handel font rules though :thumb:

I've got carbon fibre font, which is legal :)

But I still get pulled for my numberplate ..... (More due to the fact the DVLA haven't pulled their finger out at swapping my plates over to my personalised one on the police computer) :(

now i'm torn on this one, as my bro in law has the carbon fibre font, which he was told was totally legal, but got an advisory on his MOT

we need a nice mr copper to tell us wether we're right or wrong :P

as far as i am aware standard font and 3d text font are the only legal fonts you can have.

You can only have a GB logo or EU logo at the side. Any other form of logo is illegel.

is that true too?? as the said bro in law has the ford logo too ?(

But I still get pulled for my numberplate ..... (More due to the fact the DVLA haven't pulled their finger out at swapping my plates over to my personalised one on the police computer) :(

now i'm torn on this one, as my bro in law has the carbon fibre font, which he was told was totally legal, but got an advisory on his MOT

as far as i am aware standard font and 3d text font are the only legal fonts you can have.

You can only have a GB logo or EU logo at the side. Any other form of logo is illegel.

my mum n dad have the eng flag on theres as were not "BRITISH" were "ENGLISH" !!!

carbon fibre are illegal illegal, and no ford logos, they are illegal too

ones that can not be read by ANPR are more than likely to get a ticket!

plates have to be in the standard font,not 3d or carbon or different colours,logos must be either GB or EU and the plate must contain the postcode of the stockist who sold u the plate,you're not allowed slogans under the reg number....if any of those things are incorrect the plate is officially illegal,but the police wont hassle u really unless u have a really bad font,or black plates,or ghosting,spose it depends on the copper tho

Ive not been pulled for black plates and ive had em on 2 different cars now and covered thousands of miles passing dozens of cop cars,they dont care

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Quality-ROAD-LEGAL-n...A1%7C240%3A1308

this is apparently the legal range of plates,

as for carbon fibre it is included in that link and also my mate works at LPC which makes nuberplates and hes told me alsocarbon fibre are legal.He has carbon on his car and has been pulled many a time without it being questioned. even with a full car check by the police.

i havnt read up for myself and searched rules with a fine tooth comb but i do believe carbon fibre is allowed, as well as 3d which is definately as it can come as standard cant it??

anyway im not arguin just giving my opinion

:thumb:

• 1 month later...

I've just took a picture of my numberplate:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/PeteWKD/DSC00142.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/PeteWKD/DSC00143.jpg

As you can see it's carbon fibre style, but still legal font and from a distance is exactly as visible as a completely standard plate and can easily be picked up on an ANPR.