Ps3 Slim

Chris_209

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee314/end_begins/slim1.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee314/end_begins/slim2.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee314/end_begins/slim3.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee314/end_begins/slim4.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee314/end_begins/slim5.jpg

So,what do you think?

I quite like it,although prefer the original.

rrp £250

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony are cheeky b*stards. That's the 2nd time they've released a revised slim version of a console. I feel bad for everyone that's forked out for the original.

As technology progresses you cant blame them for reducing the manfuacturing costs buy producing a smaller version of the same console.

Sony are cheeky b*stards. That's the 2nd time they've released a revised slim version of a console. I feel bad for everyone that's forked out for the original.

As technology progresses you cant blame them for reducing the manfuacturing costs buy producing a smaller version of the same console.

I'm sure that's the reason they've done it....

3rd, They made the PSOne (Slim PS1) aswell :)

And this one is bound to be with its own problems alike the PS2 Slimline....

1) It had thermal cut off, 6 Hours of play and it needed leaving for almost a whole day to get it working stable again.

2) It fit in the cars well without the need for an invertor :) lol

3) That PS3 Slim is bloody ugly!

does this have EVERY feature the original has? blueray/wireless ETC ETC

that looks like something you'd buy off ebay....

Yes it is Blu-Ray and yes it has wireless built in,although there is a power brick separate,not built in like the original.

They really should bundle it with an Hdmi cable!

Other features of the new PS3 include:

PS3 system software update version 3.00

Concurrently with the release of new PS3, system software will be upgraded to version 3.00 on September 1, 2009. The update adds various user-friendly features such as the What’s New screen, where users can quickly browse the new items available in PlayStation Store as well as their recently played games directly on the XMB (XrossMediaBar), with short cuts to each piece of content.

PS3 will evolve continuously with the system software updates, further improving the operability and enhancing the user experience available through the network. PS3 owners will be able to enjoy new features by simply updating the PS3 system software to version 3.00 via the System Update function on the XMB*.

Bravia® Sync™ Feature

The new PS3 system is also equipped with the Bravia® Sync™ feature. By connecting the new PS3 system and a Bravia TV with the HDMI cable, users are able to directly operate the XMB on PS3 using the TV remote control. Other functions include System Standby that will automatically turn off the PS3 system when the Bravia TV is turned off.

Vertical Stand for new PS3 (CECH-2000)

By utilising the separately sold Vertical Stand, users will be able to set the new PS3 in vertical position, making it easier to place the PS3 system anywhere at home.

Removal of Install Other OS feature

The new PS3 system will focus on delivering games and other entertainment content, and users will not be able to install other Operating Systems to the new PS3 system.

Product Outline: PlayStation®3 (CECH-2000)

Product name: PlayStation®3

Product code: CECH-2000 (Charcoal Black)

CPU: Cell Broadband Engine™

GPU: RSX®

Audio output: LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC.

Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM

Hard disk: 2.5” Serial ATA 120GB *1

Inputs / Outputs *2 Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0): 2

Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) × 1; IEEE 802.11 b/g; Bluetooth® 2.0 (EDR)

Controller: Wireless Controller (Bluetooth®)

AV output Resolution: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (for PAL 576p, 576i)

AV output HDMI OUT connector *3: 1

AV output AV MULTI OUT connector: 1

AV output Digital out (optical) connector: 1

BD/DVD/CD drive (read only) Maximum read rate: BD × 2 (BD-ROM); DVD × 8 (DVD-ROM); CD × 24 (CD-ROM)

Power: AC 220 – 240, 50/60Hz *4

Power consumption: Approx. 250W

External dimensions (excluding maximum projecting part): Approx. 290 × 65 × 290 mm (width × height × length)

Mass: Approx. 3.2kg

Included *5: PlayStation®3 system × 1; Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK®3) × 1; AC power cord × 1; AV cable × 1; USB cable × 1

Oh and ShopTo.Net have it for pre order for 229.99 :thumb:

Edited by Chris_209

I prefer my mahoosive origional..Combined with a 500GB HDD its better in every way (apart form maybe power consumption)

Whats the RRP for the 80gig PS3 at the minute(the big one) as 229 is quite cheap for a PS3 slim aint it...i wonder what its cost to develop and manufacture the miniturised chips and circuit boards..Its just a money making scheme at the end of the day to make people buy something they already have.

Its not like buying a new TV where u get a bigger/better product when u get the new version,its identical software wise.