Ps3 Slim

Chris_209

Its not a battery pack,its the power convertor to take ur mains AC voltage and bring it down to the low DC voltage that they use..like 12V or something. That is probably the only thing theyve changed to reduce the size of the unit,move the PSU to outside the case. and theyve taken the card readers and extra USB slots away Edited by Craig855S

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and theyve taken the card readers and extra USB slots away

They did that a couple of years ago,only the original 60gb models had that stuff.

Lucky me then :)

Ah, Nothing mentioned about backwards compatability. Are they ever going to put PS2 playback, back onto these things? I'm sick of having to rag out the PS2 to play Timesplitters etc etc....

Mine works fine with old PS2 games, although I hardly ever use it for that.

Sony are cheeky b*stards. That's the 2nd time they've released a revised slim version of a console. I feel bad for everyone that's forked out for the original.

They are cheeky b*stards.

But I'm not arsed if I don't have the slim version so I suppose if you're stupid enough to buy it you deserve to lose out on 250 quid.

Its not a battery pack,its the power convertor to take ur mains AC voltage and bring it down to the low DC voltage that they use..like 12V or something. That is probably the only thing theyve changed to reduce the size of the unit,move the PSU to outside the case. and theyve taken the card readers and extra USB slots away

The photos in the original topic clearly show that there is a 2 pin AC input, thus meaning the PSU is built in unline previous 2nd gen Slim models.

I'm shocked that some people didnt expect this Slim version to happen, I'll be honest i didnt think it would be quite so soon but hey ho.

I got one today....Mine.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/bluliz/DSC_0550.jpg

PS, Its F'in Brill!

Its not a battery pack,its the power convertor to take ur mains AC voltage and bring it down to the low DC voltage that they use..like 12V or something. That is probably the only thing theyve changed to reduce the size of the unit,move the PSU to outside the case. and theyve taken the card readers and extra USB slots away

The photos in the original topic clearly show that there is a 2 pin AC input, thus meaning the PSU is built in unline previous 2nd gen Slim models.

I'm shocked that some people didnt expect this Slim version to happen, I'll be honest i didnt think it would be quite so soon but hey ho.

I got one today....Mine.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/bluliz/DSC_0550.jpg

PS, Its F'in Brill!

Aye PS3s are great arent they, the new software update adds a bit of sparkle, but im really not feeling the new design

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one, 120Gb version

Does excatly the same as the PS3 PHAT.

It has HDMI, Ethernet, Digital, Multi Av cable Outputs at the back as well as the '8' plug for the mains, and 2 USB 2.0 Ports on the front,

It retains the power supply with in its unit.

After playing on it for approx 7 hrs ( on and off but it never was turned off ) I've not had any issues with it..

Its not PS2 Backwards compatible, which is a damn shame cause ive got over 400 titles for the PS2 :(

Does still play BlueRay and DivX discs.. so it can't be all that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

A guy at work mentioned today that he took his 40GB one in to game at the weekend and traded it in for a slim, he got 210 quid for his 40GB,and the slim cost him 250 INCLUDING A GAME (and a sual shock 3,he gave a sixaxis in with his 40gig)

Thinking of doing this myself at the weekend since ive got a 60gig which is even more valuable second hand,and also,its on the fritz...(it crashed about 5 times over the weekend)

We got ours the other day, 250gb with 3 games for £284.99 which I didn't think was a bad price. Not had the previous one and although my brothers have got one I haven't played on it so wouldn't know what the good and bad points are against it but it works well with our HD tv too

Got one the other day (as a present for someone) in the end we got the 250gb version, but it does seem a bit lacking compared to the origional :(

No card ports, only 2 USB ports, and the biggest thing- it doesnt sit on its side :(

You can get a stand apparently, not sure if they've actually got one out yet though...

I do like the way it upscales everything though. I've put loads of videos from my PC onto the PS3 slim and the quality is excellent. I'm also impressed with BBC iPlayer on there - works great.

Can anyone tell me if the PS3 slim DVD player is multi-region though?