need for speed shift

karl

apparently its a bit arcadey....but its gotta be better than the previous few NFS games which were ok... Maybe wait for GT5 and spend the money on MW2 or flashpoint 2 over the winter?

360 version is pretty decent, they've tweeked the whole gameplay to better simulate real driving & vehicle reactions......plus theyve binned the mythical "nitro buttom makes the car go 1000mph straight away" in exchange theres again a more realistic simulation of it.

only been playing it today (inbetween Halo. ODST) and Im pretty impressed in the improvement to gameplay, tho I miss the "being chased ny the rozzers" (this ones onlong the lines of Prostreet again, tho without the annoyingly boring wheelis and drag races).

I've got it, not overly impressed, i only just bought a ps3 and this is the only car game i have so hard for me to compare but basically i'm disappointed, it lacks realism in terms of the way the cars handle and bump off each other etc. Hope GT5 will be ALOT better or else there will be a PS3 up for sale soon!

I've got it, not overly impressed, i only just bought a ps3 and this is the only car game i have so hard for me to compare but basically i'm disappointed, it lacks realism in terms of the way the cars handle and bump off each other etc. Hope GT5 will be ALOT better or else there will be a PS3 up for sale soon!

thats kind of odd, becuase in realism terms Id have gave it a 8 out of 10 myself, its a definate improvement over previous NFS incarnations.

have you turned off all the computers artificail driving aids? eg: brake assist, racing line assist because I found they took all the realism out of it.

also make sure you have the damage set to "Real" as appose to "visual only", that way you have to cope with the results of your wrap ups :pancake:

how would you compare to grid then lee?

hmmm difficult really to say, Ive only had a couple of go's on my mates copy of grid but in general theres only minor differences visually but specific driving characteristics Id have to say NFSS has the deffinate edge with all the pusssy training settings turned off.

for instance....

brake assist?.....how can they call it assist when it actually cuts the accelerator entirely from your control and auto feathers the brakes without you even pressing a button!!!!.

I challenge anyone to bad mouth NFSS without first turning off all the "Im a 5yr old" settings :pancake:

Yeah i've got it. I had it pre ordered and got the special edition :P. It's very much like pro street and has some similar tracks, and that racing line thing. It's good and much better than the previous ones. It's more focussed on driving cleanly and getting fast laps and in the cockpit view you will get the best experience. It's just a bit serious for my liking, there's not much fun if you get my drift. I got dirt 2 a few weeks before it and I think I much prefer that

Need for Speed Underground was the best in the NFS series in my opinion, especially the drift tournaments in the underground car parks.

I'm currently working my way through the series on the original xbox, then I'll buy a PS3 with a new telly and get all these new fangled NFSs

Edited by caled

well... after playing it for a few hours... it deffinately gets better as you play it.

the graphics may not be a spot on as others, but a part from that i'm liking it!

the car crashes could do with being a little be better i.e like grid. but the driving is pretty good. and when you have a bump, especially the inside view, its good how the screen goes blurry or if its really bad, to a point where it nearly knocks the driver out, :roll: and takes a few secs for them to get there bearing again.

so far so good!!

but as said, cant compare it with dirt2 as thats a totally different racing style all together. although the graphics on dirt are amazing!

thats kind of odd, becuase in realism terms Id have gave it a 8 out of 10 myself, its a definate improvement over previous NFS incarnations.

have you turned off all the computers artificail driving aids? eg: brake assist, racing line assist because I found they took all the realism out of it.

also make sure you have the damage set to "Real" as appose to "visual only", that way you have to cope with the results of your wrap ups :pancake:

yeah got all the aids off already, it was even worse with them on. played it abit more since my last post, like it abit better, still not that impressed, not sure how you give it 8 out of 10 for realism, for looks yes, for handling def no, for computer car handling def no, sometimes i think they're on invisible tracks and just ram into me.

Got it, hated it, traded it in for a pre-order of Forza 3 for my 360.

Hated the handling, hated the way the cameras moved, hated most things about it.

Just felt like it was designed by people who had never driven a car before...

I see where your coming from, was gonna trade mine in to but gonna complete it first, then get shot of it.

• 5 months later...