Specifically for those with Modern Warfare 2

fresh dfm

• 3 weeks later...
Apparently if 1 person buys the extra maps on his PS3, then you go round his house and add youself as a user on their PS3 (entering your email address etc..) then it registers those maps with ur PSN ID so when you go back to your own PS3 it will download them and have them working FOR FREE....this is what i've heard..any truth to it?

• 1 month later...
Apparently if 1 person buys the extra maps on his PS3, then you go round his house and add youself as a user on their PS3 (entering your email address etc..) then it registers those maps with ur PSN ID so when you go back to your own PS3 it will download them and have them working FOR FREE....this is what i've heard..any truth to it?

this could well be genuine, I am in the process of installing the 2 map packs to my PS3 (currently logged into PSN using my mates email address)

If I can log back in as myself once it's finished and me and him both play on MW2 on the aftermarket maps then this rumour will be confirmed..

so, who wants a scrap in the funfair map?

• 2 weeks later...

this could well be genuine, I am in the process of installing the 2 map packs to my PS3 (currently logged into PSN using my mates email address)

If I can log back in as myself once it's finished and me and him both play on MW2 on the aftermarket maps then this rumour will be confirmed..

so, who wants a scrap in the funfair map?

did it work?

Yep, someone who has paid for it using their PSN, then you go into PSSTORE and click "downloads" and pick the map pack that goes with your disc Id (written on the spine of the gamebox)

[there are about 10 different disc IDs, you dont have to download the same pack your mate already has, you pick the one for you disc ID]