problems with call of duty on xbox live

KNITERIDER

is anybody else struggling? it says there is an update but wont let m,e download it is everyone getting this? if test my connection i get a message about the map pack having difficulties but i thought this wasnt available till tomorrow and i had to pay for it? Edited by KNITERIDER

did you? didnt notice lol im not great lol

ps is it free or do i need to buy it?

The maps will probably be about 450 Microsoft Points

About £7 or something at a guess

its 1200!!! so you have to buy 2000 at £17 if you dont have any as the next amount down is 1000, crafty bugers!

Im gettin even more increasingly bored by online mw2 play..... I keep gettin lumbered with useless team members who at best get 15 kills but die twice as many times and cause us to lose the match.

Ive even taken to not bothering tryig to help the team and just play lone wolf style which really isnt what playing team matches is all about but when youve got random idiots running round spraying bullets everywhere giving away your location constantly.

we really should make a evo team up, least that way I can forum abuse the crap'uns :pancake:

|There is an actual update for X-Box live also.. It includes some general fixes and 'balancing' of the One Man Army perk, but I don't know what that actually means.

X-Box is riddled with hackers at the moment, so they're trying to minimise the exploits. (Ex, there are a lot of people with COD4 style Gold deagles, shotgun camo, all badges unlocked, and some people even have 4 perks instead of 3.. ie, they're using cold blooded and stopping power at the same time).

..and yes, this game can be terrible if you're playing by yourself. Thankfully I'm nearly always in a party. There just seems to be boosters everywhere, sat in corners with their friends shooting each other to get nukes. I joined a few games of someone in the PS3 thread on here and even he was at it!

Edited by Brown

I joined a few games of someone in the PS3 thread on here and even he was at it!

name and shame the sad little c*nt........ if your that crap at the game you need to either quit or take the p*ss being ripped out of you :thumb:

anyone who has access to my xbox profile can happily see what I think of cheaters......Ive received dozens of random messages from fellow REAL players who congratulate me on my point of view :pancake:

Edited by shawdreamer

il admit im crap, dont often get top of the game usually mid table sometimes get in the top 3 tho...my hifghest streak is still 9 tho :blush:

im always getting voicemessages about hacks etc, all i wanna do is have fun :( never played in a party with people i know, iv played a couple of times with bennyboy and geordieaaron but thats it in a main game :(

got the normal update done but this map pack is taking forver been nearly half hour maybe more and only at 18%!!! prob my slow internet tho.

il admit im crap, dont often get top of the game usually mid table sometimes get in the top 3 tho...my hifghest streak is still 9 tho :blush:

im always getting voicemessages about hacks etc, all i wanna do is have fun :( never played in a party with people i know, iv played a couple of times with bennyboy and geordieaaron but thats it in a main game :(

got the normal update done but this map pack is taking forver been nearly half hour maybe more and only at 18%!!! prob my slow internet tho.

you might feel your crap but unless your skilled at using lone wolf tactics then playing in a random team can make you appear lacking, in a good team you may actually turn out to be a very good player, wether that be due to your ability to lay down supporting fire or the fact that a good group of team members will watch each others back meaning you dont have to constantly check your own back.

Ids happily add my name to a evo team.

you might feel your crap but unless your skilled at using lone wolf tactics then playing in a random team can make you appear lacking, in a good team you may actually turn out to be a very good player, wether that be due to your ability to lay down supporting fire or the fact that a good group of team members will watch each others back meaning you dont have to constantly check your own back.

Ids happily add my name to a evo team.

could be, iv never played in a game once where someone watches my back, often have people on the teams in pairs but i guess they know eachother.

im a good sniper and good with my hideyhole/claymoor combinations lol will have to get a team game going this weekend ? :)

could be, iv never played in a game once where someone watches my back, often have people on the teams in pairs but i guess they know eachother.

im a good sniper and good with my hideyhole/claymoor combinations lol will have to get a team game going this weekend ? :)

a good player (even a typically lone wolf player) will often temp mini team up with another player wether they know them or not (specially if they appear to use the same tactics). theres usually one of two reason for this...

a: two players have more eyes and firepower that can be put down in a instant, meaning they can watch each other backs effectively

or the more devious and selfish reason of....

b: you can use the other player as bait to draw fire so you can zero an enemy and kill them at the other teammates expense (you let them unknowingly run ahead of you and wait for them to get shot so you can kill their killer)

as for specializing in sniper claymore tactics, thats all very well and I admit I use the same tactics myself in certian maps but ultimatly that sort of singular specialization will be your downfall, each type has its opersite, I might actually put up a definitive list of my loadout preferences and tactics for each map.....might give you some pointers :thumb:

that'd be good shaw. im not one of these run around shooting people thread i prefer to get to a destination or creep around trouble is slow moving can be my downfall but my reactions arnt quick enough to run around then aim straight away and kill so i have to take out people who give me a good second or two to get some rounds out.

that'd be good shaw. im not one of these run around shooting people thread i prefer to get to a destination or creep around trouble is slow moving can be my downfall but my reactions arnt quick enough to run around then aim straight away and kill so i have to take out people who give me a good second or two to get some rounds out.

Ill happily show you a few tidy snipe spots you wont see used often if you want, the trick is to shoot from somewhere unexpected and never remain stationary for more than 3 shots without atleast using a minor reposition.

the tactics your describing are "rush" tactics and usually require a submachine gun and the perks MARATHON, LIGHTWEIGHT and COMANDO.

Id strongly recommend either the UMP5 for stopping power or P90 for size of magazine and speed of fire along with easy non attachment aiming in rush tactics.

as for a good method to dealing with rushers, for snipers use a shotgun as a machine pistol often cant get the bullets out fast enough to kill them before their comando perk allows them to seemingly jump to you and slit ya spit tube.

tips for rushing =

if in doubt hit the right control stick (you'd be shocked how far the comando perk will let you move instantly)

NEVER stop moving

watch the map for clues to enemy loacation

dont allways use the direct approach.

rushers are lone wolfs.... try and stay clear of your teammates

if your teammates are fighting against the other team who have camped down in a defensive position use a wide route out of the line of fire and battle zone to flank your enemies.

unless your weapons silenced try and use your knife to make silent kills so as to better improve your chance of not being detected