High def XBOX gameage

eetaylog

ok, i bought a VGA cable in the end so that i have the option of playing on a monitor as well as my tv. There is a switch near the xbox AV connector end, can anyone tell me what it does?

Im hoping its not some kind of SD <-> HD switch as its pretty loose :mellow:

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/24444.jpg

Probably just a non-genuine plug so they've used the same mold for all they're cables... So the switch might not actually but connected to a switch at all. (if you get what I mean)

Plug it in and give it a whirl... Best way to find out. :thumb:

ok, i bought a VGA cable in the end so that i have the option of playing on a monitor as well as my tv. There is a switch near the xbox AV connector end, can anyone tell me what it does?

Im hoping its not some kind of SD <-> HD switch as its pretty loose :mellow:

Probably just a non-genuine plug so they've used the same mold for all they're cables... So the switch might not actually but connected to a switch at all. (if you get what I mean)

Plug it in and give it a whirl... Best way to find out. :thumb:

I tried it last night, after changing the resolution to 720p but it didnt look very HD-ey to me (bit of ghosting going on)! But then i did only try it on my monitor as the missus was watching something on the tv.

when i went to try it later on the tv though......

RROD :vangry:

ive only just fixed the bloody thing as well!

I tried it last night, after changing the resolution to 720p but it didnt look very HD-ey to me (bit of ghosting going on)! But then i did only try it on my monitor as the missus was watching something on the tv.

Set the resolution to the closest you can to the screens native resolution as possible.

For the RROD, If you've already fixed it... Run it without the fans until you go from 3-red lights to 2 flashing red lights. Time it for no more than 30seconds on 2 red flashing lights.

Then reconnect the fans, leave it off to cool for about 30-60mins (less if you point a desk fan on it) and put it back together. :thumb:

Set the resolution to the closest you can to the screens native resolution as possible.

For the RROD, If you've already fixed it... Run it without the fans until you go from 3-red lights to 2 flashing red lights. Time it for no more than 30seconds on 2 red flashing lights.

Then reconnect the fans, leave it off to cool for about 30-60mins (less if you point a desk fan on it) and put it back together. :thumb:

surely that only makes the cpu and gpu overheat to make the solder reflow, which would only be a temp fix until it happened again?

surely that only makes the cpu and gpu overheat to make the solder reflow, which would only be a temp fix until it happened again?

Retighten the heatsink after.

Also try installing better fans... there are much better fans available online.

You've got to overheat it to reset the solder, then prevent it from overheating in the future! :thumb: