Separate windscreen insurance?

SteveB

As per, anyone know where my son can get a separate windscreen insurance policy from? It's not available on his modified car 3rd party fire theft insurance.

may we ask why it isnt available?

its a pretty much a standard option on 3rd party only & 3rd party f&f nowadays and Ive never came across a insurer that wouldnt freely offer it.

has he modified his windscreen somehow?

may we ask why it isnt available?

its a pretty much a standard option on 3rd party only & 3rd party f&f nowadays and Ive never came across a insurer that wouldnt freely offer it.

has he modified his windscreen somehow?

For some reason it just isn't an option on the policy he has.

thats one cheap ar5ed insurer then.

have you tried phoning the windscreen companies themselves?

tho Ive never heard of it they might offer a individual windscreen cover, worth a shot!

autoglass

rac windscreen

etc

As per, anyone know where my son can get a separate windscreen insurance policy from? It's not available on his modified car 3rd party fire theft insurance.

I've only had it on fully comprehensive policies, never on a 3rd party fire & theft policy

I've only had it on fully comprehensive policies, never on a 3rd party fire & theft policy

Ive allways found it to be added on my fully comp policies and on the rare occassions Ive had 3rd party instead its been a optional extra :thumb:

thats one cheap ar5ed insurer then.

Couldn't agree more, but it's the only insurance that he could get age 21 on a modded 2L Fiesta MK3

Can I point out that the cost of the excess (£60-75) actually will be about the same price, give or take £30, as a screen fitted "out of hours" by an autoglass person. And don't forget you will have needed to pay what £20 a year to have the separate glass policy if you can find one....kinda balances out.

Infact have you given AG a ring to find out how much they would charge?

Pic's of the fiesta too !!!

Infact have you given AG a ring to find out how much they would charge?
^^---scrap that they charge £72.50 for a repair!!!! Edited by bluliz

Can I point out that the cost of the excess (£60-75) actually will be about the same price, give or take £30, as a screen fitted "out of hours" by an autoglass person. And don't forget you will have needed to pay what £20 a year to have the separate glass policy if you can find one....kinda balances out.

My glass excess is £25 on comprehensive, but fair point, I guess it could be a lot higher, and he got his last cracked screen done for £100.

It's a sleeper look white Fiesta with grey alloys so nothing to look at! We have some photos while doing the transplant bu all the video footage we have is from in car.

Not shot by me but that's at 8 seconds in:

I'll try to find some more.

My glass excess is £25 on comprehensive, but fair point, I guess it could be a lot higher, and he got his last cracked screen done for £100.

It's a sleeper look white Fiesta with grey alloys so nothing to look at! We have some photos while doing the transplant bu all the video footage we have is from in car.

£25 blimey Norich Union and Direct Line are both running £75 for a screen.

£25 blimey Norich Union and Direct Line are both running £75 for a screen.

Admiral is £75 too :(