ecent spate game of game letdowns

shawdreamer

seems that in the last couple of months Ive been repeatedly disappointed by the majority of much anticipated follow-on games that have been released, it almost feels like the producers aren't even trying anymore, for example.

Bought "Halo reach" which I had looked forward to playing since I slaughtered my way through Halo3 so many moons ago.

It lacked,

originality

a credible storyline

compelling characters

anything that singled it out from the rest of the franchise

Considered buying MW2 black ops to cheer myself up, decided once bitten twice shy and rented a copy first. I'm glad I did, I was bored within half an hour of play and ultimately decided to give it a miss.

Figured third times the charm........The massively anticipated follow-up to Fable 2, one of the greatest RPG of modern times (along with its older sibling Fable 1 and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion imo)

and I don't F'in believe it,

I'm bored of playing it after 1 soddin day.

takes to long to get going.

they've removed the high acclaimed weapons and clothes customization options (for a less usable system)

they've brought back the mission selection map crap from fable 1 no one really liked.

"exploration" has been limited and what little is left doesn't compel you enough to go looking.

god I hope they don't screw up Elder Scrolls V when Bethesda finally stops trying to wring more money out of Fallout3 and gets back to what it does best..... latest gossip says "roll-on late 2011, early 2012 for No.5

Go to the gym

do you know what one of the symptoms of a massively overactive thyroid gland does?

It merrily eats every morsel of fat in your body and turns it into energy 24/7 wether you need it or not (hence why I only sleep roughly 2hrs out of 24 now and often have to eat my weight in munchies to avoid resembling a smackrat)

no fat = nothing to convert to muscle.

though I do benefit from a equally massive amount of adrenaline.....which kinda makes up for the lack of excessive muscle when needed.

..... my temper can be a biatch to control though :innocent:

you dont turn fat into muscle.

but it does require fat to convert to the energy required to produce muscle mass.

and unfortunately my energy though excessive, is used entirely to keep me awake 22hr a day forcing me to watch endless documentaries on the discovery channel at silly o'clock in the AM

When black ops comes out that should keep you occupied forever. Online FTW.

I'm pretty sure you could get yourself to the gym, maybe if you did you'd sleep longer too. And you would build muscle

online will likely entertain aslong as its as playable as mw2's multiplayer is, least until you hit top rank and lose interest.

same here got the game on my brain, going to be one of the sad acts outside the shop next mon night to get it.

not me, I pre-order and have the missus fetch it.

Why not pre order online and get it the day or 2 days before release day? (some shops deliver it early, like shopto) I'll be playing Black ops by either Saturday or Monday. Shopto will despatch it so that it gets to me absolutely no later than Tuesday post, the way they do that is by using first class post 2-3 days before release, so i will receive it 1-2 postal days before the release day. I can see them sending all the discs to pre-order holders during friday, so mr postman will give me it on saturday

I recently got Wolverine from a friend to play. For a naff movie spin-off, it's actually really enjoyable.

Brainless slash-fest which will keep you busy for a few hours and there are some really cool sections.

aye, I randomly revert back to playing Alien vs Predator.... not much in the way of strategic gameplay but the change of pace to some straight laced "shoot em till their heads pop" can be quite refreshing :pancake:

Why not pre order online and get it the day or 2 days before release day? (some shops deliver it early, like shopto) I'll be playing Black ops by either Saturday or Monday. Shopto will despatch it so that it gets to me absolutely no later than Tuesday post, the way they do that is by using first class post 2-3 days before release, so i will receive it 1-2 postal days before the release day. I can see them sending all the discs to pre-order holders during friday, so mr postman will give me it on saturday

This is fine if you're not overly interested in multiplayer. How many people will be online before Monday/Tuesday?