What Is A Clay Bar?

RobMk6

It feels like a really sticky plastercene (or however its spelt)

You need to get a good lube, spray one section at a time, mould a piece of the clay into a small disk and gently rub over the car using long gentle strokes.

you will hear and feel it pulling all the inperfections out of the car and once its been done your paintwork will feel smoother than it has ever done before!

Makes the car easier to polish/wax and gives a better finish.

they are designed to gently remove bonded contaminents that washing alone does not remove, without damaging the paint. if you are going to correct paint you need a completely clean surface with nothing on it it, otherwise you will damage the paint. as said, its made from some kind of synthetic putty and is comonly used with a quick detailer (or in some cases water) as a lubricant to allow you to rub the clay on the surface. if you clay a freshly washed car you can see the dirt come off in the clay! it leaves the paint completely smooth and gives a better surface for polishing and/or waxing. its typically done evry couple of months as part of a major detailing session.

I used turtle wax ice clay stuff. The clay is mixed into some sort of liquid and it comes with an applicator that fits onto your hand. Afterwards water just glides of the body work in little tiny balls lol Use this link for YouTube that uses the product around the 6 minute mark. I used a few times on the car

I used turtle wax ice clay stuff. The clay is mixed into some sort of liquid and it comes with an applicator that fits onto your hand. Afterwards water just glides of the body work in little tiny balls lol Use this link for YouTube that uses the product around the 6 minute mark. I used a few times on the car

It is also sylicone basses and lasts a tenth of the time decent clay/polish/wax does.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...