Wide arch 5 door project

lee grout

Nice work on the rear arches, looks good how you did it into the doors. Is that a normal 3 door rear arch kit then modded to fit?

It does look like a 3dr kit, made a nice job of it though.

Cheers guys. Yeah its for a 3 door. You cant see the mistake from those pics but next time its out the garage it show you where it went a little pete tong! Only done the 1 side so far though. Other side is bonded on but not smoothed in. Still not sure what to do with the filler cap yet! Got a flush fit kit from deemon tweeks ages ago, Wasnt cheap:jaw: so think Im gonna try using it. If not then ill build the flap out so it sits flush like a normal mk6 would.

Nice work on the rear arches, looks good how you did it into the doors. Is that a normal 3 door rear arch kit then modded to fit?

It does look like a 3dr kit, made a nice job of it though.

Cheers guys. Yeah its for a 3 door. You cant see the mistake from those pics but next time its out the garage it show you where it went a little pete tong! Only done the 1 side so far though. Other side is bonded on but not smoothed in. Still not sure what to do with the filler cap yet! Got a flush fit kit from deemon tweeks ages ago, Wasnt cheap:jaw: so think Im gonna try using it. If not then ill build the flap out so it sits flush like a normal mk6 would.

Sounds good mate, i love the concept of a wide arch moor door. Can't wait to see more. Is bodywork your profession?

No. I did learn bodywork in a proper bodyshop when I was 16. Im a stonemason now. Although not quite the same still has some of the same techniques with regards to rubbing and shaping :thumb:

I really like and enjoy doing bodywork so thats half the battle right there. Never been affraid of getting out the old fibreglass. :D

No. I did learn bodywork in a proper bodyshop when I was 16. Im a stonemason now. Although not quite the same still has some of the same techniques with regards to rubbing and shaping :thumb:

I really like and enjoy doing bodywork so thats half the battle right there. Never been affraid of getting out the old fibreglass. :D

That's good, i always have a go myself, been restoring my car for a little over a year, i've done everything myself apart from the actual welding part, finishing up filler at the moment, as you say, bodywork is fun and filler smells lovely :thumb:

I like this look with the green.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh146/bongo2008/DSCF3791.jpg

Spot on :thumb: . Is that YOUR car? Fitted professionally or home made? :drool: when its all done it does look nice. Good to see what it'll turn out like......hopefully. :pancake:

That car is Sortedford's (stoo's brother), it's the car that this site was born from.

Edited by PeeWee