get the wet look

bhp soothes me

I have only washed my car with normal car shampoo and have never used any other products since purchasing it e.g polish wax etc. What products and methods can I use to get my panther black to have the amazing wet look when its not wet?

I'm guessing by wet you mean shiny shiny? I believe you can buy packs of exterior and interior cleaning products, Autoglym being the ones i have seen. I've heard good things about a Clay Bar, never used one personally but apparently it takes all the dirt off the paint and leaves a really nice shine, no previous experience to back this up though.

Edited by Ahmotorsport

Depends how much you have to spend on products, detailing products has such a wide range the list is endless.

Below method is just a basic guide.

Wash car (not with a sponge this will only mark paint) use a lambs wool wash mitt, meguairs soft gel wash is a decent product.

Dry car using a drying towel

Clay car (megauirs or autoglym clay detailing kit)

Wash car again dry using drying towel

Polish car using wax of your choice

This is just a basic way, if you want a real wet look, you need to do the above then after second wash you will need to use an electric polisher with some like.

Gtechniq p1 this will remove all the light marks

Gtechniq p2 this will remove all the holograms

Then once this is all done you will need to apply a paint sealent ie finishkare fk1000p, to many different types of these alot of it is down to personal preference

After that you will need to wax car using ie finishkare 2865 pink wax, collinite 476, collinite 916, dodo juice supernatural

So much goes in to achieving the wet look it's not just the wax you use, it takes alot of time to achieve it, but if your on a budget then don't want to spend a fortune on polishes use the following.

Autoglym super resin polish (this isnt just a wax it has a mild abrasive and fillers in it)

Autoglym extra gloss protection ( trick with this is to apply to the whole car preferably in a garage and leave it on over night take it of next day)

Or if you want a decent polish use a carnuba wax try poorboys natty's paste wax £15 easy to apply and remove even in direct sun, gives a nice shine but needs to be applied once a month really.

• 2 months later...
The best thing for a wet look on a black car is poorboys blackhole finshed with fk1000 wax.

Ive found a couple of doses of demon shine in a decent squirty bottle does the job just aswell as the expensive shite aslong as the paintwork is already of a good qaulity.

Depends how much you have to spend on products, detailing products has such a wide range the list is endless.

Below method is just a basic guide.

Wash car (not with a sponge this will only mark paint) use a lambs wool wash mitt, meguairs soft gel wash is a decent product.

Dry car using a drying towel

Clay car (megauirs or autoglym clay detailing kit)

Wash car again dry using drying towel

Polish car using wax of your choice

This is just a basic way, if you want a real wet look, you need to do the above then after second wash you will need to use an electric polisher with some like.

Gtechniq p1 this will remove all the light marks

Gtechniq p2 this will remove all the holograms

Then once this is all done you will need to apply a paint sealent ie finishkare fk1000p, to many different types of these alot of it is down to personal preference

After that you will need to wax car using ie finishkare 2865 pink wax, collinite 476, collinite 916, dodo juice supernatural

So much goes in to achieving the wet look it's not just the wax you use, it takes alot of time to achieve it, but if your on a budget then don't want to spend a fortune on polishes use the following.

Autoglym super resin polish (this isnt just a wax it has a mild abrasive and fillers in it)

Autoglym extra gloss protection ( trick with this is to apply to the whole car preferably in a garage and leave it on over night take it of next day)

Or if you want a decent polish use a carnuba wax try poorboys natty's paste wax £15 easy to apply and remove even in direct sun, gives a nice shine but needs to be applied once a month really.

Why are you referring to polishes as wax and waxes as polish?

I machine polish a car when bought then just old fashioned sponge/bucket of Asda wash/wax then a couple of times a year wax with some Meg stuff in a blue bottle.

must admite i always do the tyres and black trim as that seems to lift the car above a normal wash standard.