Mordern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3

Brown

I'm a PS3 owner, but the X-Box forum is a little more active than PS3, so I thought I'd post this here.

Both the Battlfield and Modern Warfare sequals are released over the next 6-7 weeks (with Battlefield getting the earlier release). Will any of you be picking them up?

After seeing the Battlefield trailers, I am totally onboard with getting it. It looks absolutely immense.

I'm a COD player at heart, going back to COD4 originally, but the COD community has to be the WORST community in online gaming. Fortunately, I only ever play that game in full party's, so I do manage to have a lot of fun.

I hear Battlefield is a lot more of a controlled pace, with more of an essence on "team" play.

Which will you be picking up? I'll probably get both. Battlefield for the campaign and multiplayer, MW3 just for the multiplayer really

likely pick up both, but if WW3 is as big a dissappointment as Black Ops.... it'll go the same way as my BO copy went.

Treyach [sp] really dropped the ball on their first attempt at taking the reins from Infinity Ward imo.

I go so bored and fed up with BO I swapped it for a fresh copy of MW2 (mine had slight scratches which I suspected were causing game issues)

......ps. hopefully Skyrim will be worth the wait.

Battlefield 3, although I do wish they (COD and BF) didnt just have small offline, single player levels that acted as training for the online multiplayer. Some people still like to play offline!

Was a big fan of BF2 back in the day, though, was great fun. Sniping people is just pure, unadulterated entertainment.

I'm not sure what to get, part of me wants both. I'll almost certainly get MW3 as MW2 was fantastic (I agree black ops was crap after the novelty wore off)

the problem with BF is the control system doesnt feel as good as MW2 (the last one didnt anyway) and the scoring system wasnt as good either.

but the idea of playing on huge maps with planes and tanks is appealing (however BF1943 got very old very quickly and that had tanks and planes)

I want an online "war" game where hundreds of players can play (like MAG) but each person only has 1 life, which would make everyone behave a lot better and work together as a team

I want an online "war" game where hundreds of players can play (like MAG) but each person only has 1 life, which would make everyone behave a lot better and work together as a team

last man standing rules.

cant remember which game it was I liked playing with that rule but I loved it, tended to instantly wittle out the newbie shotgun using runners while leaving the more skilled tactical players to fight it out. (I hate shotguns btw, my hope is that MW3 bans useless dick'ed akimbo shotguns).

only thing is the rule works better in larger parties than current MW & BF games offer....otherwise the matches can be silly quick.

Edited by shawdreamer

last man standing rules.

cant remember which game it was I liked playing with that rule but I loved it, tended to instantly wittle out the newbie shotgun using runners while leaving the more skilled tactical players to fight it out. (I hate shotguns btw, my hope is that MW3 bans useless dick'ed akimbo shotguns).

only thing is the rule works better in larger parties than current MW & BF games offer....otherwise the matches can be silly quick.

My "favourite" weapon according to my stats on Black Ops is the HS10 - followed by the Spas-12 and Skorpions. Olympia is number 6.. How many people have combat records like that?! Not many.. too many Ghost/Second Chance Famas players on Black Ops, completely slowing the game pace.

MW3 will keep the Shotguns as Primaries, so I doubt they'll be as overused (cheap) as in MW2. At least in Black Ops playing with shotguns takes a degree of skill

last man standing rules.

My "favourite" weapon according to my stats on Black Ops is the HS10 - followed by the Spas-12 and Skorpions. Olympia is number 6.. How many people have combat records like that?! Not many.. too many Ghost/Second Chance Famas players on Black Ops, completely slowing the game pace.

MW3 will keep the Shotguns as Primaries, so I doubt they'll be as overused (cheap) as in MW2. At least in Black Ops playing with shotguns takes a degree of skill

Id have to agree with the shotguns being much improved in BO, they actually now take skill to aim and use effectively.

Unlike the MW2 versions that were really only ever designed and spec'ed to offer "spray & hope" ability to those few that couldnt aim for shite.

particularly....

the AA-12 Auto fire shotgun, in reality it has considerable accurate and reliable range as it was redesigned for general use in the US military and they wanted it to be able to fire sabot type mini grenades, in MW2..... 2 metres tops

the Striker12 auto shotgun, In reality this original version of the "Protecta" shotgun was a absolute waste of space and you could pump action and fire quicker than its auto feature rotary magizine.... in MW it could empty its rounds in one massive roar of 5 second desperate unaimed fire ffs

and then lets not forget.

The Winchester Model 1887 lever action shotgun, in MW2....huge range, huge knock down and the ability to dual weild, in reality.......

1. they have shite range (due to the cutdown barrel).

2. A specific version of powder and grain has to be used in the shells (making them alot weaker then the same era double barrel shotguns)

3. Ive held and fired a "stub" curved butt version of this gun (it was a faithful replica not genuine original) its terribly front heavy even with the shortened barrel and has a awful muzzle leap recoil thatd see it smack you in the face if you tried to fire it single handed and at full stretch, without the original designs full shoulder stock it is purely a "hip fire" two handed weapon only. (even Arnie in Terminator 2 used pyrotechnic rounds as appose to genuine blanks because of the massive flame discharge, smoke and recoil of the genuines)

......can ya tell I like guns?

The Winchester Model 1887 lever action shotgun, in MW2....huge range, huge knock down and the ability to dual weild, in reality.......

1. they have shite range (due to the cutdown barrel).

2. A specific version of powder and grain has to be used in the shells (making them alot weaker then the same era double barrel shotguns)

3. Ive held and fired a "stub" curved butt version of this gun (it was a faithful replica not genuine original) its terribly front heavy even with the shortened barrel and has a awful muzzle leap recoil thatd see it smack you in the face if you tried to fire it single handed and at full stretch, without the original designs full shoulder stock it is purely a "hip fire" two handed weapon only. (even Arnie in Terminator 2 used pyrotechnic rounds as appose to genuine blanks because of the massive flame discharge, smoke and recoil of the genuines)

But do you remember when MW2 first came out?! They were ridiculous when dual wielded. The range was monstrous. Thankfully Infinity Ward recognised how overpowered they were and reduced their range/damage, though it did take some time. Unfortunately, thats where IW's post-release support started and ended. The game was constantly bugged with glitches, and IW's updates were non-existant.

If Treyarch did anything, it was showing how to support a game with updates from start to finish.. I hope IW take note

• 2 weeks later...
Shaw, a BETA was released across all platforms last week.

I've been playing it on PS3 and I love it so far.

dammit... Id heard somewhere that they were keeping it under wraps till the release date and wouldnt be feilding a Beta, so I havnt even checked :nutter: