printer spooler

etrebus

help need to use printer and it says need to restart spooler .have gone into services and spooler is on automatic but still dont work if i troubleshoot it says unable to open trouble shoot line 13 error

ps using windows 7 and have other issues with comp as it locks up quite regular but a restart usually cures it

genuine windows 7, correct supported drivers for your printer? if not best of luck to you. If yes, uninstall your printer drivers (google will tell you how if you don't know) the unplug the printer from computer, restart pc, download and install latest driers from manufacturer and plug in the printer when it tell you

genuine windows 7, correct supported drivers for your printer? if not best of luck to you. If yes, uninstall your printer drivers (google will tell you how if you don't know) the unplug the printer from computer, restart pc, download and install latest driers from manufacturer and plug in the printer when it tell you

unistalled printer and re installed it using disc it came with still the same took 3 attempts to install how can i tell if its the printer or computer? thanks for help :thumb:

unistalled printer and re installed it using disc it came with still the same took 3 attempts to install how can i tell if its the printer or computer? thanks for help :thumb:

wont install printer as local spooler not working /error line 13

Its a runtime error. Something might have screwed the spooler service up. Have you installed anything new prior to this issue?

Could be software/malware or even a dodgy update that's caused this.

Id suggest:-

Run a malware scan - www.malwarebytes.org . Pick the free version and run a full scan.

Uninstall any new software

You could try a system restore to a working date

If all these fail then you may need to do a repair install :thumb:

Ill add to what PeeWee says too, System file checker will look for any corrupt OS files ;)

Edited by scottg17

Its a runtime error. Something might have screwed the spooler service up. Have you installed anything new prior to this issue?

Could be software/malware or even a dodgy update that's caused this.

Id suggest:-

Run a malware scan - www.malwarebytes.org . Pick the free version and run a full scan.

Uninstall any new software

You could try a system restore to a working date

If all these fail then you may need to do a repair install :thumb:

Ill add to what PeeWee says too, System file checker will look for any corrupt OS files ;)

thanks for all the advice will have a go tomorrow or sat

lightweight, get it checked now this instant lol

also scott, it will be his OS files, the printer driver wont install till that spooler is sorted mate.

misread that bit, I thought the driver installed and was getting the RTE on starting the service... my bad :nutter:

also scott, it will be his OS files, the printer driver wont install till that spooler is sorted mate.

misread that bit, I thought the driver installed and was getting the RTE on starting the service... my bad :nutter:

Not you mate, it wasn't that clear but appears the printer was installed at one time and in my eyes the spooler has become corrupt, on his advised attempt to uninstall then re install this of course now means he is now not able to install because of the file issue with the spooler.

Edited by PeeWee

Not you mate, it wasn't that clear but appears the printer was installed at one time and in my eyes the spooler has become corrupt, on his advised attempt to uninstall then re install this of course now means he is now not able to install because of the file issue with the spooler.

have used malware bytes scan said no malicious files found .but still wont install printer due to local spooler not working, also have deleted all things to do with printer ,sorry but not very good at computers and need things to be explained in idot guide, at the moment i have no printer installed cheers for help