Hackintosh

PeeWee

Just a little project Im running atm, the plan is to have OSX snow leopard runiing on a dell mini 10v.

So basically a little netbook mac running nice and smooth at a fraction of the price.

If anyones interested I will show the progress here.

Also has anyone attempted this or similar here? (I already have leopard running via a virtual machine inside Windows 7 but this is to have a fully functional macbook in mini format).

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not ubuntu?

Already got it, easy, no challenge.

Ubunto is intended for a pc, osc snow leopard isnt.

I already have Ubuntu & Win7 dual booting on the dell mini now.

http://www.babilim.co.uk/blog/jpg/dell_mini9_running_osx.jpg

Edited by PeeWee

osx is just skinned linux these days though right? I'm ignorant because i chose to be, as this is for technical merit rather than a serious want I'll let you off. Quite why you'd want to fart around with efi i don't know.

No lol OSX is not a skinned linux.

Efi???

osx is just skinned linux these days though right? I'm ignorant because i chose to be, as this is for technical merit rather than a serious want I'll let you off. Quite why you'd want to fart around with efi i don't know.

No. OSX is based on BSD. BSD is a man's O/S. Lunix is for girls and children. Which makes OSX an O/S for homosexuals.

I've tried this on several occasions... Just thought it would be useful to have an OSX PC to learn the support side of it.

Always failed on me during install or just after with no reason that I can find... However I have it running fine in VMware on the same PC running Win 7...

• 4 weeks later...
I've tried this on several occasions... Just thought it would be useful to have an OSX PC to learn the support side of it.

Always failed on me during install or just after with no reason that I can find... However I have it running fine in VMware on the same PC running Win 7...

Forgot all about this thread.

All went well and now have retail snow leopard running neatly on my little dell mini 10v.

So I can safely say if you want an option to a macbook air for a fraction of the price this is it.

Everything works as it should and actually runs far faster than with Windows 7.

Yes Smithy that's the reason for my current interest due to me now offering support to Macs in the music industry.

After using osx on & off I must admit to it being a very very slick os.

Next project, an i5 mac running osx Lion retail dual booting Windows7 for £300.

Pics of my mini mac.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/kwikfix/IMG_1012.jpg

Edited by PeeWee