Registration Plates

MightyNexx

Was just wondering if anyone knows the exact rules on footers on a regi plate and if it needs "legal details" as I need some new plates, I was on a site that says "Footers are not legal" but does that mean they are illegal as i've saw plenty of cars with them, also the legal deatils bit... Is that necessary as also i have seen new cars without it ?? including my original plates :s Not sure if this is the correct topic but couldnt find any others.

Cheers

yes you have to have the bsau number and the makers name / postcode... if your car was made before they changed the rules you could legitimately get away with having plain plates with no details on it, but i'm pretty sure footers aren't legal and is it really worth a tug from the boys in blue? get a surround with something written on it if you must IMO

To be fair it would take a very picky officer that hit you with the above, as long as your letters were correct and spaced legaly I would feel rather put out (although couldnt dispute) if I was fined.

I have never been tugged for mine with the evo url as a footer.

Yeah ive seen alot of people around my area with personal plates and the footer being the word that their plate is supposed to be, "534N ABC" (Sean) for example ?? Also someone i know has an impreza and his front regi plate is alot smaller than the back(which is standard size) and I dont think he has been pulled for it ??