Looking for a bit of legal advice more than anything?

Jordan99940

Im not one to jump on the bandwagon, but i have no sympathy for people that dont wear a seatbelt. If somebody in my car wont wear their seatbelts i tell them to get out and walk!.

At least you are still here though.

at the risk of inhuman quantifying.....

According to various independent studies the average serious car crash victim costs the public £10,000 in on-scene expenses (extraditing from vehicle, ambulance, paramedics, police time, recovery, treatment, chopper attendance etc) and that's just looking at the monetary side and not taking into account the personal safety issues of the rescuers attending.

That "average" is attained by studying the serious crashes attended in the UK were the vehicle occupants have been securely and properly situated inside the vehicle at the time of the initial accident event........ they couldn't include accidents were the occupants had been insecure during the incident as the effects to the victims was so severe and utterly unpredictable it made it impossible to average the cost of treatment in those cases but they could establish a minimum estimated average level that ranged beyond 3x the cost of the cases where the victims had been secured correctly.

Its therefore safe to say you just nearly collectively cost us all 30k of our hard earned tax cash just because you couldn't be arsed taking 10 seconds to use a safety device that was fitted to a vehicle you was travelling in and was there entirely for your own benefit...... then you wondered why we might react in a less than favourable fashion when you idly hinted at whether you could claim compo for a head wound that might very well have been avoided by your use of the aforementioned seat belt seemingly without regards to the fact that such a claim would also further add to the growing cost of the insurance premiums were all having to fork out for.

For our part it was a courtesy and kindness to advise you that you should treat the entire thing as a "live and learn" experience as we'd have been more than justified calling you a complete tool for not wearing the belt and and a possible mental case for assuming you were owed something for not doing so.

cut your losses, close your head flap and learn from your mistakes..... you'll be better for it afterwards. :thumb:

• 9 months later...
nice reply Shawdreamer, I don't think he'd get anything anyway, whats that old saying: where there's no sense, there's no pain! no sense, no pain, no injury = no compo just a £30 ticket for occupying a vehicle without wearing his seatbelt! I wonder if this forum could be used as a digitally signed confession and he can pay the public purse a bit back?

Could he not sue his friend the vehicle owner and driver for not ensuring he was wearing his seat belt before they set off that would probably be the way in america, it would seem that because we seem to be following the america culture of where there's blame there's a claim no one is taking responsibility for their own actions.

Could he not sue his friend the vehicle owner and driver for not ensuring he was wearing his seat belt before they set off that would probably be the way in america, it would seem that because we seem to be following the america culture of where there's blame there's a claim no one is taking responsibility for their own actions.

unfortunately the driver is only responsible for people up to the age of 14, after that they take the responsibilty themselves!

I wonder if this forum could be used as a digitally signed confession and he can pay the public purse a bit back?

I wonder if you could be any more of a nob?

Digitally signed confession? you mean like the verbal one I gave when on the scene asked if I was wearing one and I said no.

D!ck

Edited by Jordan99940