Old man insurance

lee grout

Just been looking for new cars as my mrs corsa is pretty much bolloxed and as of october will be saving money from our mortgage. Just found an orange focus st3 06 for £7800. Anyway insurance quote for me and mrs as named driver is......

Drumroll...

£407 on compare the market! Thats peanuts. I wanted to know what some of you lot pay for what car you have. I know it could of gone in the insurance section but its more of a general discussion piece.

Needless to say I think im set on that!

I've been driving for years. Just not on roads.

I used to use that response when I was 13

So did I!

I only say it because what PeeWee said was incorrect. "Bargain as you don't have a license yet" would have been more appropriate.

Legally on a public highway would of been even better ;)

In the eyes of the Insurance company you can't drive yet, and for a few years to come still seen as an inexperienced driver.

Anyway, what's that got to do with a very fast, very steelable, very dangerous Rs Turbo being cheaper to insure than my very slow, not so dangerous, not so steelable car?

Lots!

Age and experience on a public road.

The two things you have against you.

Maybe the lack of safety features on such a classic car?

It doesn't really matter if your on a 50cc go kart if you don't have the track record to prove your safe.

Thats mental .Trying to sort out the mortgage at the mo, slight hickup at the mo so trying to sort it out. The ST may have to wait unfortunately ;( But I am really happy to find insurance quotes that agree with me LOL. Im nearly 29 which isnt that old! but I think having a child and a mortgage help lower it. Plus the area I live isnt exactly manchester central! I cant believe what some of you guys pay though! Not that you have any say in the matter I suppose, just gotta live with it. Its just wrong.