First damage

Paddy gti

Went to the cemetery this morning to visit a relatives grave came back out to find my rear bumper smashed at the passenger side upper lip

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Superdream84/D83DC19E-3AF7-49A7-BDF1-39E3864F5C0F-3220-0000055F513C5810.jpg

Hour and a Half later filled sanded primates and painted

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Superdream84/DF6857DE-FB7C-4FDA-83CF-B2F8BC1C9C87-3220-0000055F5890B569.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Superdream84/A89D792A-7B27-469F-8DDD-7728DA1373ED-3220-0000055F60160DC8.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Superdream84/39E3B152-7976-4017-9915-6D12D0192136-3220-0000055F6679EE67.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Superdream84/11F0DB92-579A-4269-9108-D9348FCB7442-3220-0000055F6DF645BC.jpg

Think i might show my mrs this thread she might understand why i spend so much time looking for the remotest place in the car park. My worst nightmare is coming back to the car and finding a people carrier parked next to me with child seats in the back, i know this has nothing to do with broken bumpers but i was wondering if people go to the same lengths as me when parking their cars.

Think i might show my mrs this thread she might understand why i spend so much time looking for the remotest place in the car park. My worst nightmare is coming back to the car and finding a people carrier parked next to me with child seats in the back, i know this has nothing to do with broken bumpers but i was wondering if people go to the same lengths as me when parking their cars.

if its a free carpark, i park so my car is directly above the white line, taking up 2 spaces.....yeh i understand exactly what u mean about people carriers, if i see one parked next to me, ill go and move the car lol

if its a free car park, i park so my car is directly above the white line, taking up 2 spaces.....yeh i understand exactly what u mean about people carriers, if i see one parked next to me, ill go and move the car lol

I know people who key people who park like that's cars.

My technique is try not to park next to 3 doors (longer doors more likely to hit you), park next to new nice cars, check the door edge for dmage as to evidence of them hitting cars in the past, park next to passenger side doors as most car journeys are done single occupant so therefore only drivers door will open and if they put stuff on back seat rather than in the boot like I do sometimes again that will be on their side.

Although my preferred option is just to borrow my dads car when I go shopping etc so that mine doesn't get damaged ;)

if its a free car park, i park so my car is directly above the white line, taking up 2 spaces.....yeh i understand exactly what u mean about people carriers, if i see one parked next to me, ill go and move the car lol

I know people who key people who park like that's cars. ;)

I was going to say similar. Shocking behaviour, scottybo :curse:

whats more shocking is that i feel the need to do that because of other careless people, i was sat in the car not even 2 days ago on my phone, sum dosey mum opens her door and smacks it right into my wing mirror and she didnt even realize until i told her.......and that sumone would key sumone elses car because of it is the most shocking behavior of the lot

I'd take it onboard. If you now know that there are people out there who will be tempted to damage a car that has been parked stupidly then you may want to address matters by parking more sensibly and less selfishly.

The last thing we want is to see a new topic on here with you wondering why someone would have keyed your car while it was diagonally parked across two disabled parent and child spaces at Tesco :roll:

My heart fcuking sinks when I come back to the multistorey and see a huge 4x4 either side of my car :( That said, in a year of using the multistorey every day there's not been a mark on my car, but within 3 months of parking at my old work (huge private car park) my old car had been scratched 3 times by utter morons walking between rows of cars with handbags or laptop bags scraping along :vangry:

Good work on the repair, Paddy.

Parking across two spaces can get you a ticket too, private or not.

Although I wouldn't damage a car parked like Scotty I wouldn't be happy driving around in circles trying to find a space while somone was parked taking up two spaces.

Poor show :(

Whether you find someone damaging your car parked like this shocking or not makes no difference to the fact they certainly do.

Edited by PeeWee