Windows 8

Craig855S

So geeky people, what's this Windows 8 malarky about? From having a very quick look it seems like something only tablet/laptop/all in one users would want?

Is there any reason why someone who owns a non touchscreen desktop computer would want to install and run instead of windows 7? Is it quicker in any way for a mouse user? Is the UI even mouse capable or it is all touch?

40 Million licenses sold in a month is a pretty good idea of what people think. - more than Windows 7, which was the record holder.

I've been using Windows 8 on my Gaming rig, Laptop, Slate Pc since RTM (beginning of August). I don't have any complaints what so ever, you will hear the 'haters' though, but they're also the same sort of people that complained about Windows 95 being so different to 3.1.

IE10 is just.. awesome.

40 Million licenses sold in a month is a pretty good idea of what people think. - more than Windows 7, which was the record holder.

I've been using Windows 8 on my Gaming rig, Laptop, Slate Pc since RTM (beginning of August). I don't have any complaints what so ever, you will hear the 'haters' though, but they're also the same sort of people that complained about Windows 95 being so different to 3.1.

IE10 is just.. awesome.

what is IE10?

IE10 is just.. awesome.

what is IE10?

Internet Explorer 10

I had a feeling that is what you meant, I have got windows 8 and when ever i go onto Internet Explorer it asks me to download IE8, why would it do that if it is not the newest IE?

(sorry for thread Hi-Jack)

That's most likely caused by a lazy Web Developer, I've seen a few websites tell me that I need to upgrade to a newer version :nutter:

We are having problems with Flight Simulation and Windows 8... Working in sim publishing.

Beyond that, I've not come across any problems or indeed any reason to use it.

If it came on a pre-built PC, I wouldn't remove it. But I wouldn't go out and buy it for a home build just yet.

I can't see companies using it any time soon... most are still using XP or have only just moved to 7.

We are having problems with Flight Simulation and Windows 8... Working in sim publishing.

Beyond that, I've not come across any problems or indeed any reason to use it.

If it came on a pre-built PC, I wouldn't remove it. But I wouldn't go out and buy it for a home build just yet.

I can't see companies using it any time soon... most are still using XP or have only just moved to 7.

Can't Say I've had any problems with FSX.

Companies are always behind the curve...

• 1 month later...
I installed it Christmas night, and whilst it is a bit pretty, I'm having problems with most games/programs/even drivers I try to use, getting my sound driver to work took about 3 hours of messing around. GTA4 wont work at all, Battlefied 3 crashes occasionally which it never done on 7. Why the hell do they have to be so different that they don't understand software designed for them.

I installed it Christmas night, and whilst it is a bit pretty, I'm having problems with most games/programs/even drivers I try to use, getting my sound driver to work took about 3 hours of messing around. GTA4 wont work at all, Battlefied 3 crashes occasionally which it never done on 7. Why the hell do they have to be so different that they don't understand software designed for them.

Still, not getting any problems with games not working, you might want to make sure that all of your drivers are upto date.

I get the odd crash with GTA4 but that's down to the mods I'm using.