computer probs

etrebus

had a issue with my printer about a year ago ,had popup saying printer not spooling ,so unistalled it then reinstalled still didn't work so left it .tried it today on my neighbours computer and it worked fine .so the issue is with my computer .so unistalled it again then reinstalled again now it says device driver software not sucsessfully installed ,tried this few times.it seems to install the driver ok but fails when you connect the printer back up also says unable to verify hardware (or something like that )do you think my computer is toast or is it me being stupid cheers in advance

what's the age of the printer and computer? I highly doubt the computer is buggered. It may just be your OS is incompatable with the drivers

the printer is about 2 years old its a epsom stylus sx415 was working fine then suddenly print spool not working my os is windows 7 also found if i use the troubleshoot it says error line 13 ??.everything else is fine on the computer but occasionly it freezes but i think thats just because we dont have a great connection here .the computer is about 5 years old now its a hp compact pressario sr5291sruk cheers for the reply

have you tried to find if there is an updated driver from either the epson site or google, just a thought, no computer wizkid

yes tried that dont think its the driver as that bit installs its like it dont want to talk to the printer anymore

have you tried to find if there is an updated driver from either the epson site or google, just a thought, no computer wizkid

yes tried that dont think its the driver as that bit installs its like it dont want to talk to the printer anymore

it appears that im trying to download a driver for windows vista when i have windows 7 . the original disc installed fine on another vista computer and the printer worked fine (appart from low ink ).found driver for windows 7 on epsom website but it still dont work

Are you connected to the printer wirelessly or via USB? Whichever one youre using, try the other one. Does the printer have a digital screen on it with settings you can mess with? (Mine does I have the SX425W)

its connected via usb (tried different ports)yes it does have a screen but this wont work untill it connacts with the computer(i hope)dont think i have the option to go wireless

Edited by etrebus

when its uninstalled does it even detect new hardware once its plugged in?

yes it does detect new hardware .also it wont troubleshoot has error code ox8000401 i think i have tried just about all i can uninstalled /installed using disc uninstalled /installed epsom driver from website unistalled /installed from windows sometimes it says driver not installed and other times its says unable to verify printer. its not the printer as it works fine on my friends laptop but he has vista o/s .if i just press the print icon its says before you can print you need to select a printer ,so select add a printer it then says windows can open add printer.the local print spooler is not running .please restart the spooler or restart the machine .so i go into services and it says unable to start print spooler on local computer error 13 the data is invalid

as i have said i am no wizkid, but done a bit of a goggle http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/com...p;tempOsid=win7, dont blame me for the link i am useless,

according to this site there are two models of you printer

1) C11CA44311 this requires a free download from this site, link available

2) C11CA44312 requires no acction, so should be good to go, worth a try?????

just tried the link it works, i must be improving :innocent:

Edited by ganges

as i have said i am no wizkid, but done a bit of a goggle http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/com...p;tempOsid=win7, dont blame me for the link i am useless,

according to this site there are two models of you printer

1) C11CA44311 this requires a free download from this site, link available

2) C11CA44312 requires no acction, so should be good to go, worth a try?????

just tried the link it works, i must be improving :innocent:

mine's a CA443004LMOO223254 OR C351C will have a look later cheers