2.2 Turbo RS2000 16V Engine Build

blacksofstichill

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
nice one bud.

this mite sound stupid but how much more space does the galaxy botttom end need? been thinkin of doing it on the fezzer but space is very limited with the rs lump in there :s

Hi,

The Galaxy Block is the same height as the RS one so it doesn't take up any more space at all once you've got the RS sump on it so it will fit in just the same way as your current engine does. Just noticed you're local to me, I'm just down near Kelso.

nice one bud.

this mite sound stupid but how much more space does the galaxy botttom end need? been thinkin of doing it on the fezzer but space is very limited with the rs lump in there :s

get a thread up for the fez

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone,

my name is Max, i'm french
I bought an engine 2300 complete galaxy for my rs2000, with a cylinder head gasket of 2l3, to assemble with the head of engine 2000
But my mechanic tells me that the compression ratio is too high
I would like to know if there is a strengthened cylinder head gasket, as well as a way to lower the compression ratio, because there I don't know what to do anymore
Thank you in advance

I have just seen that it is necessary to skim the top of the pistons of 1.2mm approximately if we wish to put the head of the RS 2000 on 2L3

Otherwise I ask if I could keep 2.3 complete, put the cranckshaft of 2.0 but it would be necessary to find a solution for the 2.0 admission which is not compatible with the 2L3 engine :(

You would have ideas?

I have just seen that it is necessary to skim the top of the pistons of 1.2mm approximately if we wish to put the head of the RS 2000 on 2L3

Otherwise I ask if I could keep 2.3 complete, put the cranckshaft of 2.0 but it would be necessary to find a solution for the 2.0 admission which is not compatible with the 2L3 engine :(

You would have ideas?

Message bongo. Hes built a 2.3.

I wouldnt go skimmming pistons. As i said just run high octane fuel!!