Recommended games

PeeWee

I now have a gaming PC after giving up on mainstream consoles.

What games would you recommend, all answers welcome but please include a little more than simply a title.

If it helps:

System plays Bad company 2 on highest settings nicely.

Gfx card is an ATI 5700/HD with 1gb ram.

CPU is triple core AMD Phenom 2.3ghz

Ram is 4gb ddr3

OS is Windows 7

All played via HD TV through HDMI at 1920x1080

Also looking for a wireless controller, would I be better getting a 360 controller converter, any eBay recommendations?

Cheers!

Edited by PeeWee

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TrackMania Nations.

Free download from here Clicky click on the "Free Game Download"

It's a racing/time attack game. You can play online against players or solo. It's a really good game actually. When you play online you get 6 minutes to complete the track and get the best score you can, before you all move onto another track.

I actually meant to post this in it's own topic to see if we could get an Evo squad going.

War Rock. Clicky

An online shooter, similar to counter strike, it does have it's flaws (you get some hackers here and there) but i've been playing it for a few years now and it's still a good game to play. It also has an 'AI' channel which is zombie killing, i play that a lot to be honest.

Edited by Ahmotorsport

Modern warfare III, wasn't a fan of black opps tbh

a list of my personal fave pc games (and yes an xbox 360 controller will plug straight in and work right off the bat)

- fallout (a million times better on pc than on console)

- crysis (once again so much better on pc)

- company of heroes (superb ww2 rts)

- any of the total war games

- starcraft

- unreal tournament 2004

- simcity!!!!!! (honstly one of the most addicting games ever)

- supreme commander

- diablo 1 and 2 (3 is far too short)

- cnc red alert 2

- amnesia. the dark descent (i promise you....whole heartedly promise this is the scariest thing you will ever play)

- the walking dead

theres my recommendations, of my list id say amnesia is the most worth playing without a shadow of a doubt

Modern warfare III, wasn't a fan of black opps tbh

a list of my personal fave pc games (and yes an xbox 360 controller will plug straight in and work right off the bat)

- fallout (a million times better on pc than on console)

- crysis (once again so much better on pc)

- company of heroes (superb ww2 rts)

- any of the total war games

- starcraft

- unreal tournament 2004

- simcity!!!!!! (honstly one of the most addicting games ever)

- supreme commander

- diablo 1 and 2 (3 is far too short)

- cnc red alert 2

- amnesia. the dark descent (i promise you....whole heartedly promise this is the scariest thing you will ever play)

- the walking dead

theres my recommendations, of my list id say amnesia is the most worth playing without a shadow of a doubt

forgot to add that starcraft is the national sport of korea lol, and a game called the witcher, one of the best rpg games ever and exclusive to pc

I guees when you say the xbox360 controller plugging straight in scotty you mean via something like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC-Wireless-Gami...=item3cc07b2b8d

What about starcraft II?

Looks like a c&c style game am I correct?

Just to add, ahm I didn't ignore you, downloaded your suggestion of war rock not tried it yet.

Edited by PeeWee

yeh or u cld use a wired one and windows will auto pick it up as an xbox controller and a lot of games will default there.controls.to the xbox ones. i personally preferred starcraft one but the second is extremely good

just get amnesia u wnt be disapointed lol

yeh or u cld use a wired one and windows will auto pick it up as an xbox controller and a lot of games will default there.controls.to the xbox ones. i personally preferred starcraft one but the second is extremely good

just get amnesia u wnt be disapointed lol

Reason I said was that I already have wireless xbox360 controllers.

I imagine you would need an adapter too for the wired xbox ones though?

Whats amnesia, is it part of starcraft?

Track mania 2 Canyon, if you sampled track mania nations that ahmotorsport suggested then this is the newer game better graphics etc, works great with the pad. Easily plays on your PC and good way to waste a few hours.

Don't bother with call of duty, console versions play better and only black ops 2 has pad support and quite frankly its awful.

Crysis 2 has pad support and is a good graphics tester.

If you haven't played it already the original FarCry is brilliant game even though its getting on a bit. Don't think it has pad support but worth playing.

Wired Xbox pads just need a driver downloaded, wireless need an adapter but stick with genuine ones as cheaper are hit and miss with the connection

How do you mean in terms of call of duty playing better on consoles?

Personally I find the mouse and keys method for those games far more accurate tbf.

If it's graphics then I found bad company 2 to be far more superior to the console version in terms of graphics?

The pad support I want more for racing games in all fairness.

Don't get me wrong mouse and keyboard for fps every time, since call of duty mw2 all the game have been developed for console and ported to PC and it shows in gameplay, I've played mw2 right through to black ops 2 on console and PC and each game has got progressive worse. The PC games just feel as good. If you played any of them on console and then PC you would know they play differently, of course you may like the PC better but miss the good old cod 2 gameplay. graphics wise PC will always due to AA.

Battlefield 3 will show how big the difference between PC and Xbox graphics is.

What type of games are you into the most?

Don't get me wrong mouse and keyboard for fps every time, since call of duty mw2 all the game have been developed for console and ported to PC and it shows in gameplay, I've played mw2 right through to black ops 2 on console and PC and each game has got progressive worse. The PC games just feel as good. If you played any of them on console and then PC you would know they play differently, of course you may like the PC better but miss the good old cod 2 gameplay. graphics wise PC will always due to AA.

Battlefield 3 will show how big the difference between PC and Xbox graphics is.

What type of games are you into the most?

I do like fps, but tbf I'm a casual gamer who like various ones, love c&c style strategy games too and enjoy burnout games.

You say BF3 gfx difference but surely the latest PC graphics cards are far superior to Xbox gfx?