Recommended games

PeeWee

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the age of a game doesnt decide whether its good or not

as for previous comments.regarding.xbox controllers. wired ones.dnt.need.drivers.if ur using vista or later. wireless ones require.an adapter and driver but.drivers are supplied.

amnesia is a first person survival horror game and the best one ive played to date. google it. well worth playing.

you said u like rts games so definitely give.company of heroes a bash

Battlefield 3 is fantastic on PC (its all about the multiplayer, Fcuk single player off)

Arma 2 is a very versatile game, its a military simulator (sequel of the old operation flashpoint) and ARMA 2 has the DAYZ mod for it (and dayz is coming out as a standalone game very soon)

Arma 3 is available in alpha form from next tuesday

WarThunder is a free to play air combat game that plays fantastically with a mouse and keyboard in arcade battle mode, you can play proper coop missions but the control system is more realistic so will need a pad or joystick (the game is made by the people who made birds of steel for PS3)

F1 games can be picked up second hand for a pittence, i got F1 2011 used recently

Just install steam. Ridiculous prices for top games. Always offers on.

the left 4 dead series is superb.

I have left 4 dead 2 , really enjoying that one.

my lads got that..... for the first two days all I heard was

"DAD, DAD....QUICK COME SEE THIS FAT ONE EXPLODE!!!!..... COME WATCH THIS ONE PUKING!!!!.....WATCH THIS DAD, IF YOU CHUCK THIS THEY ALL RUN OVER TO IT AND IT BLOWS THEM TO BITS!!!!!"

seriously.... I was sick to feck of zombies after it

Edited by shawdreamer

Having just rebuilt a gaming PC, I'm keeping my eyes on this one!

ASUS P8H77-I (mini itx gaming PC)

I5 3550 (kicking myself for not spending £10 more on the 3570K... but meh, it works well enough!)

8gb Kingston 1600Mhz

ASUS Nvidia 660Ti

128Gb OCZ SSD

1.5Tb 2.5" Sata HDD (for less noise and heat)

Currently connected via VGA to the bedroom TV (1080p) until I find out what length HDMI lead I need for the setup when I move house (in about a week).

First new build I've made for myself in years! - Always found games I couldn't run before, but now I've built it I can't seem to find games I want to play! :nutter:

GTA 4 is the only thing I've installed so far... Not 100% sure what I've done wrong as it sits their with a very good frame-rate but judders every 2 seconds :rolleyes:

Have a code for a free download of Assassins Creed III that came with my graphics card, not used it yet though as I'm not sure if it's my kind of game - Might offer it on here for any takers!

And bought one of these from work: www.flightstore.co.uk/thrustmasterf1pad-p3120 - Because I got it very, very cheap... It's good but GTA 4 thinks it's a XBOX 360 pad so it won't work.

I'm going to buy a 360 wireless adaptor I think... cheaper than the good quality wireless pads if you already have 360 controllers! :) (Plus a lot of games have 360 pad pre-sets)

Having just rebuilt a gaming PC, I'm keeping my eyes on this one!

ASUS P8H77-I (mini itx gaming PC)

I5 3550 (kicking myself for not spending £10 more on the 3570K... but meh, it works well enough!)

8gb Kingston 1600Mhz

ASUS Nvidia 660Ti

128Gb OCZ SSD

1.5Tb 2.5" Sata HDD (for less noise and heat)

Currently connected via VGA to the bedroom TV (1080p) until I find out what length HDMI lead I need for the setup when I move house (in about a week).

First new build I've made for myself in years! - Always found games I couldn't run before, but now I've built it I can't seem to find games I want to play! :nutter:

GTA 4 is the only thing I've installed so far... Not 100% sure what I've done wrong as it sits their with a very good frame-rate but judders every 2 seconds :rolleyes:

Have a code for a free download of Assassins Creed III that came with my graphics card, not used it yet though as I'm not sure if it's my kind of game - Might offer it on here for any takers!

And bought one of these from work: www.flightstore.co.uk/thrustmasterf1pad-p3120 - Because I got it very, very cheap... It's good but GTA 4 thinks it's a XBOX 360 pad so it won't work.

I'm going to buy a 360 wireless adaptor I think... cheaper than the good quality wireless pads if you already have 360 controllers! :) (Plus a lot of games have 360 pad pre-sets)

Ive got a far cry 3 code Ive no intention of using, and assasins creed is more my thing....

• 2 weeks later...

Just been running GTA IV: Liberty City Stories and Lost and Damned is awesome!

Runs a million times smoother than the original GTA IV

Since it's playable, it's been my first experience of GTA since San Andreas and although San Andreas is still probably the best GTA ever made this newer version is visually great with amazing attention to graphical and interactive details.

Things like shooting fire extinguishers, pipes and water tanks and they leak everywhere and when in a car, if you crash a few too many times the car can sometimes stall and you'll be unable to start the engine again.

Just little things, but all add up to a great experience

The story line so far is great and the voice acting has improved greatly!

With all the options turned up, I'm getting an average of 52FPS although the little laptop HDD it's running from (saving space on the SSD) struggles to keep up sometimes so I'll have to put up with slightly lower settings or buy a noisy desktop HDD :(

I'd give it 9/10!

Rebuilding my Core2Quad and Duo PCs to suit our new house better... The Core2Quads have 650Tis (Yes I know they'll be bottlenecked, but they were each £50 cheaper than much slower 4xx and 5xx series cards!) ready for when I get time to sort them so I'll benchmark them with GTA IV also when finished.

WarThunder is a free to play air combat game that plays fantastically with a mouse and keyboard in arcade battle mode, you can play proper coop missions but the control system is more realistic so will need a pad or joystick (the game is made by the people who made birds of steel for PS3)

just started playing War Thunder a couple of days ago, wasn't expecting much, was expecting the whole flight dynamics to be completely cack and idiot proof so as to make it playable for people with a complete lack of spacial awareness but was pleasantly surprised to find it has options for all styles of gameplay from realistic to simplistic.

Ive always liked my flight sim/war games but haven't seen a decent one for a long long time and especially one that tries to stay as close to realism as can possible, love the diving into a huge bunch of planes for a scrap and not having to worry about some tool firing a heat seeking missile from 200 miles away to take me out.

you get a pair of wings with a engine and some guns attached.....the rest is all down to skill piloting your plane and precision firing your guns, no stupid feckin massive advantages to anyone and no daft glitch tricks cheaters (so far anyway), so far I love it, great call Craig :cheers:

PS, beats the silly glitchy "world of tanks" all day long

just started playing War Thunder a couple of days ago, wasn't expecting much, was expecting the whole flight dynamics to be completely cack and idiot proof so as to make it playable for people with a complete lack of spacial awareness but was pleasantly surprised to find it has options for all styles of gameplay from realistic to simplistic.

Ive always liked my flight sim/war games but haven't seen a decent one for a long long time and especially one that tries to stay as close to realism as can possible, love the diving into a huge bunch of planes for a scrap and not having to worry about some tool firing a heat seeking missile from 200 miles away to take me out.

you get a pair of wings with a engine and some guns attached.....the rest is all down to skill piloting your plane and precision firing your guns, no stupid feckin massive advantages to anyone and no daft glitch tricks cheaters (so far anyway), so far I love it, great call Craig :cheers:

Just wait until you unlock the beaufighter mate, that plane is so powerful, its not very manouverable so if someone gets behind you your shafted but if you sneak up on someone theyre on fire before they know youre there, from then on it only gets better but for a plane you unlock so early its almost silly

Just wait until you unlock the beaufighter mate, that plane is so powerful, its not very manouverable so if someone gets behind you your shafted but if you sneak up on someone theyre on fire before they know youre there, from then on it only gets better but for a plane you unlock so early its almost silly

actually prefere the Hurricanes in British airforce, They have a nice balance of maneuverability and firepower, even the spitfires are lacking in punch compared, Id say they match the yanks aircobra in characteristic though the cobra has a great rate of acceleration over the Hurri's.

only just hit rank5 in the brits and Im still using my mk1,mk2 Hurricanes more and scoring higher kill rates with them over the others.

Id have stayed playing the yanks but if you even get a scuff on the Aircobras paintwork during a scrap the repair costs can wipe out upto 2 kills worth of exp meaning you HAVE to average 3-4 kills in the aircobra alone each mission, not a entirely hard kill rate to accomplish with the cobra but you find yourself hesitating to throw it into anything but a sure kill situ for fear of scratching it :rolleyes: