talk talk speed

etrebus

i have been having a bit of trouble watching videos so i checked my download speed and it was 0.3 so rang talk talk several times ,they said problem with the line so sent out a engineer .said its all fixed but wasn't, rang again sent out another engineer said fixed again but wasn't ,rang again then they said it was possibly my router so they sent me another one ,still the same 0.1-0.3 .now they say that's the best i can get but i can upgrade to a better package if i am not happy .my problem is it was fine about 3 weeks ago is it just a scam to sell me a more expensive package what do you think

Do you not live in a Virgin Media area? - If so, you don't know what you're missing!

If you're not in a Virgin area, have you considered mobile broadband? - 3G wasn't amazing, but now we have HSDPA (H), HSDPA+ (H+) and 4G.

I've had 22.5Mbps out of my H+ connection on Three through my Samsung S3. Costs me £33 a month (because of the phone) but it's unlimited internet (well, 1000Gb per month limit which is close enough!) and they allow tethering (they just get shirty if you use a dongle instead of the phone).

Maybe that plan with a cheap H+ compatible Android handset (The One plan - with a cheap handset for around £20 a month) with a Wifi Router app or USB/Wifi tethering would solve your problem until you get decent fixed line speeds in your area.

I've taken my phone to exhibitions where most have struggled to make a call yet I've had full H+ and shared it with upto 5 people on our stand at a time in the exhibition hall with no problems.

I have Sky 20Mb unlimited.

current BT lines are supposed to throttle it to 5.5Mb in my area but I manage to get mine to range between 7Mb & 9Mb consistantly

9-10 times that Ive had connection speed issues though its been down to a problem with the Line and not my ISP, from what I can tell from a "speednet" check I have a pretty fast connection in my area for my chosen ISP though the same check shows local residents pulling 30Mb on Virgin.

give speednet a shot yourself and see if the issue your having extends to any of your neighbours who use the same ISP and line exchange box/junction as yourself....least thatll give you a general idea of wether its just you or a larger problem.

I have Sky 20Mb unlimited.

current BT lines are supposed to throttle it to 5.5Mb in my area but I manage to get mine to range between 7Mb & 9Mb consistantly

9-10 times that Ive had connection speed issues though its been down to a problem with the Line and not my ISP, from what I can tell from a "speednet" check I have a pretty fast connection in my area for my chosen ISP though the same check shows local residents pulling 30Mb on Virgin.

give speednet a shot yourself and see if the issue your having extends to any of your neighbours who use the same ISP and line exchange box/junction as yourself....least thatll give you a general idea of wether its just you or a larger problem.

my neighbours are getting no more than 1.5 max i happen to be the only one in my area who has talk talk

have BT not upgraded the lines in your area yet ? ... can tell by the green boxes by the side of the road/path ...would have a 'fibre optic is now here' sticker on them

no not here mate i live in a small village lucky that we have a phone line lol they must be doing something as its fine for a while then we lose connection if i turn the router of /on again then works again

have BT not upgraded the lines in your area yet ? ... can tell by the green boxes by the side of the road/path ...would have a 'fibre optic is now here' sticker on them

no not here mate i live in a small village lucky that we have a phone line lol they must be doing something as its fine for a while then we lose connection if i turn the router of /on again then works again

We always have problems with talk talk. The amount of times i lose connection on xbox live really pee's me off :vangry: Next time our contract is up I think im gonna get the lot through sky. T.V, phone, Internet the lot.

We always have problems with talk talk. The amount of times i lose connection on xbox live really pee's me off :vangry: Next time our contract is up I think im gonna get the lot through sky. T.V, phone, Internet the lot.

we have been with talktalk for about 8 years now and never had any problems until now i am seriously thinking of changing was thinking bt though