Back in a Ford!

sidrick

Bought it earlier today and collect it Saturday. Not the newest or fastest (2007, 210bhp) but it's something I really wanted :)

No real plans other than keeping it clean and general maintenance. I'll put a few miles on it before deciding if it needs the basics like bigger brakes or a chip tune.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/20150129_134932_resized.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/20150129_134944_resized.jpg

• Like 1

:drool: It pains me to say this to you Sid, but I like that and hate you for it, I want one NOW, where about's are you in yankee doodle dandy land, and how's it working out for you, well I hope!!! :thumb: 

oohhhh hang on my bad you bought a bloody golf cart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ganges
  • Like 2

Aye and no. The car nut inside me has been researching a lot, but realistically modding a car is down our list of priorities due to life getting in the way, lol.

There's infinite tuning options, but I plan to live with it for a few months and find where I think it's lacking before making any decisions.

I need to give it the once over but need to either get my tools shipped over or buy a basic kit here, neither of which are cheap :|

Good Choice Sir! Get it blown so its transforming new tyres into slicks, cracking colour too

Oil industry taken you to Houston? - about the only thing I can think that links Aberdeen and Houston together, mates dad did the opposite a few years back and shifted back to Aberdeen from Houston and runs I think an inspections company out of Dyce - Brought a nice Ferrari 360 back with him too  :wub: Houston's where the big bucks is in the oil industry!

Edited by scottg17

Hi buddy, yeah, it's oil, but via the Wife's work; she's the talented one. I was in the oil industry in Aberdeen but nobody here, there or anywhere is hiring now, so I'm a kept man at the moment (still awaiting work approval anyway). I might end up in shop or bar work for 6 months just so I have a wage while we ride out this storm. It's biting hard for everyone connected to oil and gas.

As for lighting up the rear tyres, it does it far too easily just now! Definitely need to get some better rubber on soon as the Pirelli shoes are terrible.

And there's a lot of poverty here, but I've never seen so many Lamborghinis and Ferraris in my life, and Aberdeen had a good few, lol. It's mad! 

Same motor as yours, V6 Cologne, no?

Derived from the same I think but isn't that a 3.9 or 4.0l or something like that? Funny how the output of that and the 2.9 I'm using is the same but completely different approach to getting it. I'd imagine that will have bags more torque though.

• 7 months later...