The new daily

Paddy gti

The bottom pulley was rumbling when I sold it, and the limp mode problem. Which you seem to have solved.

I must have done every bloody sensor on that car lol, along with a starter and the obvious clutch, front springs, exhaust.......

To be brutally honest it was probably the most unreliable car I've owned.. Still it's all done now, so enjoy it

Me the RAC became very good friends!!!

The bottom pulley was rumbling when I sold it, and the limp mode problem. Which you seem to have solved.

I must have done every bloody sensor on that car lol, along with a starter and the obvious clutch, front springs, exhaust.......

To be brutally honest it was probably the most unreliable car I've owned.. Still it's all done now, so enjoy it Me the RAC became very good friends!!!

When I got it had a horrible rough lumpy idle felt like the engine was trying to lunge out of the car when stationary .. Only noise she has is the tensioner for the belt on startup which I'm told won't get any worse but if I change it will be back in less than a few months .. Main problem I found was a split intercooler but even after replacing it it still ran a bit shite .. Eventually came across this .. The pipe that feeds around the engine from the exhaust mani to the egr valve the bellows that allow it to flex had split I'm assuming must have had a small split for a long while and gotten worse over time noticed one morning driving to work that she was really down on power and could hear hissing this is what I found .. Took awhile to find because this pipe is wrapped in heat lagging so couldn't see the split

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Superdream84/Mondingo/49827499-4ABF-4AC4-A8B1-5B8A1849B44E_zpsui96ygc1.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Superdream84/Mondingo/811E0FE7-FB5C-407F-94C4-13C517108E4D_zpseih3uel9.jpg

Blanked it off at the manifold and removed the egr completely it transformed the car completely runs perfectly

To be brutally honest it was probably the most unreliable car I've owned

.. i believe you i hated the thing with a passion when i bought it nothing but limp mode after limp mode .. i bought it the the end of february 2015 and iv only just started posting threads on her because iv only just started liking it now that it behaves itself its taken me a while to warm up to the old girl but can say its a pleasure to drive now

Edited by Paddy gti
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...