Asda 'On Your Marks' Day at Bruntingthorpe

M4TT

This was a charity effort held by Asda, you paid £5 to have a ride round the Bruntingthorpe race track in

Vipers,Scoobys, Skylines, TVR's, Lotus's, Porches, Supras, new Lambourghini, and lots more

plus have a chnace to drive a ASDA HGV round the track as well.

well got there are 11 ish, set up stand with Me, Lee, Ross and Rob, a cossy owner asked of he could park with us so we had that parked with us.

i had a drive of the HGV and a ride on a Lotus, OMG fcuking fast sticks to the road like glue. :D :D :D :D :D

nice seeing Leiceter Lad as well

bloody hot day, had a game of footy and had a great picnick,

and to top it all off all 4 of us had the chance to race round the track so we had a 15min track session all free and OMG it was fcuking class, never no my car could corner so fast and drive good at full powrr in all gears, ross used up a proxes lol

so was fcuking mint pics

below

asda81.JPG

asda80.JPG

asda79.JPG

asda78.JPG

asda77.JPG

asda76.JPG

asda75.JPG

asda74.JPG

asda73.JPG

asda72.JPG

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was an absolute amazing day :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cheers: :cheers:

not one to blow my own trumpet, but none of ya could keep with the mightly estate round the track :roll: :roll: :roll: even a certain 165bhp+ monster ;), with BP Ultimate a full bottle of octane booster, it was flying :drool: :drool: :P , even though the estate handled like a boat. Surprised me cos its handles ace on the road, you just dont realise until you take it right to its limit on a track, sooooooooooooooo glad i didnt turbo it now.... :cheers:

I got to drive the brand new R series Scania that they'd lent Asda for the day :thumb:

The Esc Cos member should be with us in a few days :thumb: :cheers:

cheers to Matt, Cap, Rob and Ross for coming......Ralph and Rich, where were ya??? deffo coming eh? ?(

wow....wow....WOW!!!! what a brilliant day had by all!!

days did'nt start off too well though, got stung by a wasp on me arm in the morning, and it bloody well hurt ;( :D

but the pain soon went away after being taken for the ride of my life (no dirty jokes please :innocent: ) in a Lotus 340R which handled out of this world!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: no words can describe it tbh, then had a go in a TVR Cerbera, which again was super quick but didnt handle as well as the Lotus, but was loads quicker on the back straight, hit 150mph piece of p*ss (had 220mph on the clock btw). then we got to take our cars on the track, cant believe how good my car actually does handle, got loads more confidence in it now, but it deffo needs a 2.0ltr, only just managed to hit 100mph on the back straight :)

other highlights, driving the Scania HGV, complete with trailor and having a good ol' kick about with everyone and lee's family and friends, including little Charlotte! :D

cant wait for next year!! :drool: :thumb:

edit: the car didnt survive 100% the track bashing i gave it....the bushes are now well and truelly knackered and the brakes have now warped even further....an excuse for some cross drilled and grooved on's asap i think :D

Edited by Rob84

asda52.JPG

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: @ the lesbo's :O :cheers: :roll:

forgot to add, my track action was cut short when a serious grinding noise started coming from the front left wheel, turns out the innder arch liner had come loose and was rubbing on the tyre :rolleyes: :vangry: must of happened when I had a slight 'off' at the S bends :roll: :roll: :roll:

I thought i'd done a CV joint or worse :censored: