Sub and Amp fitting

Pete

Right, hopefully sorting out a box this weekend so wanna fit me amp and subs at last. But before I pop to Halfrauds what will I need ?(

Got some wire for the remote, some decent speaker wire, and a battery terminal splitter thing, so I think all I need is some RCA's ?( Just dont want to have to go back again!!

Also how do you tell the polarity of the terminals on the subs ?( No markings at all, same size connections etc

Thanks in advance, I'm a complete ICE newbie :innocent:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u need a power cable, earth cable.

as for polarity, you can do 2 things, 1 wire it up see how it sounds, and then wire it oposite see if its more bassy, usually if a pair of seakers are wired wrong you can hear its more bassy when faded fully left or right than in the middle.

or i recall being told ages ago that you can connect it upto a battery, but forgot the next bit on how to tell

u need a power cable, earth cable.

Knew I'd forget some thing ?( Do they come in the 'RCA kits' ?(

i recall being told ages ago that you can connect it upto a battery, but forgot the next bit on how to tell

:cheers: Ian :roll: ;)

Normally get a kit which includes

RCA cables

Speaker wire

+ive wire

-ive wire

Remote cable

Selection of cable ends and ties.

:thumb:

i wunt go halfords for the wiring kit go 2 a smaller place like a 1 shop moterist shop or if your near to a deasent market (donington) or (polsworth) u can pick up a 2000 watt wiring kit for a tenner.

1 live wire= strate 2 baterry +......

1 earth wire= to a earth wire in the boot eg. lights or strate to the rear suspension leg..........

1 egnision live= strat 2 egnision out put on head unit........

1 set of rca leads=plug into input channels on side of amp and the other side into out put channels on rear of head unit......

as for your speakers after suksesfully fitting your amp to see wether your subs are wired right tern up the volume enuff for the subs to bounce if the subs are bouncing more outwerds than thay are inwords then u will no thay are wired rongly and if u tern it up mor u will notice alot of destorsion hope this is a help and make shore u connect the live wire last to avoid blowing ur amp 2 peaces good luk : :thumb: