2.0 Conversion Problem

foxdie

i thought id just plug mine straight in without swaping wires and it ran fine which was strange

It's because yours is an early mk5. Wiring is different, exactly how I don't know.

Fuel pump wire is something to do with wire 1, as I tried this first and it didn't work.

Personally, I'd try an ecu from a manual 2L mondeo. Everyone else has had a 2L ecu working fine apart from you 2 guys, and you both have auto ecus. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought id just plug mine straight in without swaping wires and it ran fine which was strange

It's because yours is an early mk5. Wiring is different, exactly how I don't know.

Fuel pump wire is something to do with wire 1, as I tried this first and it didn't work.

Personally, I'd try an ecu from a manual 2L mondeo. Everyone else has had a 2L ecu working fine apart from you 2 guys, and you both have auto ecus. :)

yeah is yours a manual 1

jus checked again and it is auto

Edited by scort19

cant see why i should need a 2.0 ECU. every thing is 1.8 apart from the bare block  ?(

But the cylinder capacity is 2.0L..... so you need the right fueling for 2.0L of air. The fact everything else (apart from fuel rail / injectors last I knew) is 1.8 is irrelevant :cheers:

Keeping the 1.8 ecu on a 2.0 engine would give the same effect as puttin a 1.6 ecu on a 1.8 lump.. great if you want to restrict the ammount of standard power it can give. it would in effect be the opposite of superchipping!

cant see why i should need a 2.0 ECU. every thing is 1.8 apart from the bare block  ?(

not sure if ralph drove his with the 1.6 stuff on but i drove mine on 1.8 stuff and it felt good but then i fitted 2.0ltr stuff and it was loads better specially a top end

right, just a quick suggestion, dunno if this has already been mentioned, aint got time to read.......... mine had same prob wen i fitted the xr lump.

try.........

the crank sensor, unplug it, cut both wires n reconnect them the wrong way round, did this to mine and never had a prob since. i had to pay £50 to get that done!

might not work but worth a try

:cheers:

my car was turning over but not starting, and after replacing:

whole loom.

all plugs and leads.

new starter motor, new ecu.

it turned out to be the ford inbuilt alarm, if your clock is flashing when you put hte key in and turn, then its activeand you need to lock the car passenger side.

changed the crank sensors over. No change :(

Did you also change the crank sensor mount?

i changed over the sensor but not the mount. Must admitt, i wasn't happy with the wayt the sensor sat in the 2.0 mount. but it went in fine. Its at the garage now, so lets see what they say.

But the cylinder capacity is 2.0L..... so you need the right fueling for 2.0L of air. The fact everything else (apart from fuel rail / injectors last I knew) is 1.8 is irrelevant :cheers:

But the problem isn't with the fueling, its with the ignition timing (or lack of). Let me get it up and running, then i'll worry about fueling