2.0 Conversion Problem

foxdie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing, realistically, for what you've done, that'd stop it sparking is the crank sensor, either that or complete cuntism (eg, not plugged something in).. but I doubt the latter.. oh yee have faith 8)

UPDATE.

Firstly they haven't fixed it.

But, THe coil is getting power. But theres nothing coming ferom the crank sensor. So we're gonna pull it apart, and see if we've done something stupid like put the flywheel on the wrong way round pmsl.

fly wheel will only go on in 1 place mate as all the holes are offset

But it is now.

So it wont run on a 1.8 ECU or a 2.0 ECU.

It turns over, so wont be imobiliser issues as the imob cuts the ignition, no spark, no power to sellanoid for starter.

I would say the crank sensor and its polarity, your using the 1.8 Crank sensor yes?

All vaccum pipes on?

ISCV connect (tho it wud start and stall after that)

Um, is there fuel comming up?

What about fuel pump cut off in the passneger footwell cowling?

That switch needs to be flicked up with a flat screwdriver.

No fuel... no fire...

Keeps us posted.

UPDATE.

But, THe coil is getting power. But theres nothing coming ferom the crank sensor. So we're gonna pull it apart, and see if we've done something stupid like put the flywheel on the wrong way round pmsl.

mate did u try choppin the crank sensor wires n connectin them the other way round, cos wat u have said is exactly wat was happenin wit mine, coil gettin power but just wudnt start cos crank sensor. if u aint tried it, i wud seriously think bout it, 5 min job, worth a shot,

might sound stupid, but check all the loom connectors , that they are all plugged in to eachother tight..

we had a prob with the engine turning but not firing, there was power to the coil, but only the odd spark ere and there..

turned out, while moving wires out of the way too fault find, a connector on the loom fell undone, plugged it back in tight, and viola! problem solved!

UPDATE.

mate did u try choppin the crank sensor wires n connectin them the other way round, cos wat u have said is exactly wat was happenin wit mine, coil gettin power but just wudnt start cos crank sensor. if u aint tried it, i wud seriously think bout it, 5 min job, worth a shot,

Cars in the garage at the mo but i'll suggest it

Yes its using 1.8 crank sensor. But its not tranmitting a signal to the ecu/Coil.

We're thinking the flywheel isn't close enough becuase the new 2.0 was oringally from a 2.0.

But it is now.

So it wont run on a 1.8 ECU or a 2.0 ECU.

It turns over, so wont be imobiliser issues as the imob cuts the ignition, no spark, no power to sellanoid for starter.

I would say the crank sensor and its polarity, your using the 1.8 Crank sensor yes?

All vaccum pipes on?

ISCV connect (tho it wud start and stall after that)

Um, is there fuel comming up?

What about fuel pump cut off in the passneger footwell cowling?

That switch needs to be flicked up with a flat screwdriver.

No fuel... no fire...

Keeps us posted.

Theres fuel in the rail. its just not sparking. I haven't tried a 2.0 ECU becuase my ECU was 2.0 automatic, and not compatable. But it should start with the 1.8. most the guys are using 1.6 ECUs on there 2.0 engines. im just confused.

But it should start with the 1.8. most the guys are using 1.6 ECUs on there 2.0 engines. im just confused.

Indeed. You have no immobiliser issues with the original ecu providing you're using the original keys. :)

Sorry I can't help in this. I just paid someone an excessive amount to swap the engines :roll:

But it should start with the 1.8. most the guys are using 1.6 ECUs on there 2.0 engines. im just confused.

Indeed. You have no immobiliser issues with the original ecu providing you're using the original keys. :)

Sorry I can't help in this. I just paid someone an excessive amount to swap the engines :roll:

I havent had my bill yet from the garage, but im guessing i shoulda just got garage to do it the amount i've spent now :( but its possible we'll have the same problem... and still not have the car back.

Ford imobiliser cuts the pulses to the injectors doesn't it? nothing to do with the ignition.