286 slim wedge colour changing bulbs

wizard101sco

Afternoon folks,

Well finally got the 286 slim wedge change colour led bulbs...There not working, when I take them out and turn them around.

Place back in bulb holder then on the dash, turn lights on they keep blowing the 10 amp fuse!! arrgghh!!

Can anyone please help me? Since fuse blowing are the bulbs knackered?? I replace bulb with normal one and the fuse, the bulb works fine but the led ones still dont work!!!

Am fecked off and well lost....Cheers folks :censored: :curse: :nutter:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this is going to show how thick I am when it comes to cars...

Add a resistor before the led...Does the resistor gets added to the bulb holder? If so, do I need to add 1 resistor to each holder? what resistor do I need?

Sorry, I know real thick lol

Cheers

WAIT!!

i had a brain wave on my way to ford fair. look at how the metal of the contacts are set up on both the bulb and the holder. i'll think you'll find that you have to bend the metal legs around a different way to as they come. from stock the + and - is set up on each side of the plastic blade (hope this makes sense). ford have it so each end on the blade is + / -. check out your bulb holders. your blowing fuses because you are shorting out the contact.

if u need diagrams i will do some, but if you can get it from what i've said it saves me the ball ache

That's what I had to do with mine /\ /\ /\.

Got through about 20 fuses before I started messing with the metal contacts.

I don't know what went where, but I bent the metal contacts of the bulbs various ways until they worked and stopped blowing fuses. :)

Once they were in and worked, I didn't take them back out again, to see how I did it, so can't help you on that one.

Just play around with the metal contacts of the bulb, buy a big pack of fuses and keep playing until they work :D they will work eventually :thumb:

WAIT!!

i had a brain wave on my way to ford fair. look at how the metal of the contacts are set up on both the bulb and the holder. i'll think you'll find that you have to bend the metal legs around a different way to as they come. from stock the + and - is set up on each side of the plastic blade (hope this makes sense). ford have it so each end on the blade is + / -. check out your bulb holders. your blowing fuses because you are shorting out the contact.

if u need diagrams i will do some, but if you can get it from what i've said it saves me the ball ache

Well after buying 9 fuses and a lot of playing about with the metal contacts, Also with the help of my dear and patient partner :wub: . I now have colour changing dash (Only blew 1 fuse after buying 9 lol) :roll:

Big thanks to you Scraggzy etc, you are the missile man :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...