Mk6 to Mk5 cossie rep

Dubs

looks awsome so far ! , did you go for the 215 35 18 in the end ?

Yeah mate. Cheers for the info :thumb:

balls!!! i wish i had gone for 215 35 18 i got 215 40 18s and they just catch, oh well i will change them when they run out, if you had to sell couple of sets of wheels to buy the tyres?? how will you afford it next time!! you should use the moto, if you cant afford to buy something twice dont buy it once!!! lol. it works!

I didn't HAVE to sell the alloys. I bought the 18's to use on the car so the others became redundant. Didn't see the point in having two sets of alloys that i didn't want so I sold them to free up cash that would otherwise be dead money sitting in the garage :D

Nice choice of wheels, what offset are they? Cos don't want em sitting tin the arches too far, makes it too easy to spot it as a rep :nutter:

They are et40 offset so i'll need spacers :( :(

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheels look good Dubs... You should have shown me them earlier when I was over. WIll look ace when done. When you see the car in the flesh you can really see the hard graft youve put into this car.... Will look ace when done

Cheers mate :thumb: Only picked them up this afternoon, and last time you were round they were buried in the car under loads of other crap. Thanks for the comments, means a lot comming from someone who has owned a real escos before!

The wheels are on the car now and look pukka, well pleased with how the car is looking. should have all the kit blended in by the weekend so almost ready to put in primer :D :D :D

since when was there local boys to me from here! im a bracknell fella i live right next to great hollands dubs, do you know the pervillian park where the cricket pitches are and that!?

mitch

Yeah mate. Used to go to playschool at the pavillion (many moons ago!) and played football over there all the time whilst growing up.

Well, another couple of days work brings another update. 18's went on yesterday and all the fibreglass filler has been rubbed down ready for a thin skim coat of body filler. Looks a bit of a multicoloured mess at the moment but you get the general idea.

Rear quarters blended in

IMG_4125.jpg

Wing vent holes cut out

IMG_4133.jpg

Love these wheels

IMG_4129.jpg

A few more

IMG_4128.jpg

Just sat the spoiler on the boot for effect

IMG_4126.jpg

The whole kit's been rubbed down with wet n dry to get rid of the crap that they use to stop the panels sticking to the moulds during manufacture. My fingers are bleeding so thats it for today!

Comments welcome :cheers:

good work fella, deffinatly coming along nicely :thumb:

one thing tho, check your rear wiper befour having the spoiler painted, coz when i fitted mine, went to use the rear wiper, an it got stuck on the spoiler and chipped it :vangry: thought i'd point that out befour you do what i done lol

are you changing the door handle's aswel?

good work fella, deffinatly coming along nicely :thumb:

one thing tho, check your rear wiper befour having the spoiler painted, coz when i fitted mine, went to use the rear wiper, an it got stuck on the spoiler and chipped it :vangry: thought i'd point that out befour you do what i done lol

are you changing the door handle's aswel?

I'll make sure i check. Thanks for that mate :thumb:

Doorhandles-not sure yet. Might take a pair off you anyway with the other bits i'm having.