Council Exchange

cossy

Would any one be interested in a council/housing association exchange we live in torquay and are desprate for a move back up north to the stockport are we have a 2 bed flat on the 2nd floor but we do have a lift we also have a garage it is a fairly big flat our tv looks really small would prob need a 32" or bigger to complement the room any more info just drop me a pm or an email or msn lol cossy819@hotmail.com

Advert that will be going up and around the areas we want

Wanted exchange we want a 3 bedroom house in exchange for our 2 bed 2nd floor flat with a lift 10 mins walk away from main torquay harbour/beach quiet area close to schools areas considered are poynton, hazel Grove, Disley, Marple

Edited by cossy819

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish the council would give me a bloody flat.

Isn't it ridiculous, I had to BUY ONE MYSELF. :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong i dont like living in council property but i do pay full rent i am working and i am wanting to buy my own house but beggersa cant be choosers and all that and i hate being labled because i live in council property everyone has to start somewhere and this is where me and my family have started as i am sure there is a few people on here that started the same at least im not scrounging off the government and just sitting on my arse all day "Rant Over"

Guest gti.tom

Seriously then,

How if you have a full time job do you get given council property?

I'm confused. I have a full time job but I don't get given somewhere to live.

Dont get me wrong i dont like living in council property but i do pay full rent i am working and i am wanting to buy my own house but beggersa cant be choosers and all that and i hate being labled because i live in council property everyone has to start somewhere and this is where me and my family have started as i am sure there is a few people on here that started the same at least im not scrounging off the government and just sitting on my arse all day "Rant Over"

ahem, lol, i dont sit on my arse all day, i try EXTREMELY hard to get a job, im glued to papers, internet, job centre , connexions ect still no luck, and the job centre are soooooooo full of fooking Shite its untrue!! "were here to help u" yeah Fcuking right! they have given me 185jobs to go for! and 175 of those annoying people where taken when i called up :nutter: my rant over!

Seriously then,

How if you have a full time job do you get given council property?

I'm confused. I have a full time job but I don't get given somewhere to live.

you do up here, in fact i know more peolple that work full time that live in council property than bought homes.

i myself live in council property, and im not ashamed of it. its not quite being 'given' somewhere to live, i pay rent and council tax to live here so its not like its a gift.

not all of us have great well paid jobs that mean we can go buy a house fella :thumb:

snob ............

as said we arent all gifted with jobs that pay that well that we can own our own house ,

youre probably one of these people that think council houses are full of pikeys and druggies eh ? :rolleyes:

Exactly what everyone has said not everyone can afford to pay £150,000 for a house or flat i just wanted somewhere for my kids to grow and and feel as if they had there own home i pay rent and council tax and would love the chance to buy my own home i know a couple of people who have bought there own homes and stuff and none of them look doen on people who live in council property as they know themselves how hard it is to get on the property ladder when the house prices dont reflect the wages we get paid in this country

snob ............

as said we arent all gifted with jobs that pay that well that we can own our own house ,

youre probably one of these people that think council houses are full of pikeys and druggies eh ? :rolleyes:

i live in a counsil flat and i pay my way also got a cracking sea viw out my window

3766.jpg

I think what Tom is getting at is......

people who earn fairly high money won't get a council flat, hence have to buy their own.

people with low income (you dont HAVE to be on low income these days), get a cheap flat handed to them, making it pretty likey they have more monthly DISPOSABLE income than the high(ish) earner.

Thats how I see it anyway.

If you place your name on the council waiting list a place is useally ( not always thou ) Allocated to you, be it a 4 bedroom house or a 1 bed room flat, the council aren't choosey who they rent there acomodation to, and i'm sure Tom if you were made homeless ( heaven forbid ) that the coucil would find you emergency accomodation until something suitable came up, Just cause you have a job that pays over £15k a year doesn't mean you get over looked.

I'm not calling you a Snob, so please don't think i am. I know very well to do people who live in council properties. every one has to live somewhere.

Reason for edit : Because i can't spell....

Edited by SiV6Si

I'm in the situation, like so many people that i dont earn enough to afford to get on the property ladder - but too much to get any benefit or a council house/flat. So i have to rent from a private landlord. I work full time (15p over the minimum wage) and my fiancee works part time(minimum wage) but we get no financial help at all - not that im complaining too much really - i count myself lucky that i am working - just get annoyed sometimes with certain people who do nothing and get everything it seems.

I think what Tom is getting at is......

people who earn fairly high money won't get a council flat, hence have to buy their own.

people with low income (you dont HAVE to be on low income these days), get a cheap flat handed to them, making it pretty likey they have more monthly DISPOSABLE income than the high(ish) earner.

Thats how I see it anyway.

explain that bit please fella?