Council Exchange

cossy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you have 3 kids if you can't afford to buy a house?

I'm not having a go, i just can't understand why people put themselves in this kid of situation?

I absolutely dread having to get on the property ladder as there's no way I can afford it with prices the way they are.

I cant afford to buy a house if i didn`t have any kids, Its the cost of housing has gone up so much, and the average wage has not gone with it. Only the gifted can afford to do it now.

And it dont matter if your on 100k or 10k, you will still treat your kids the same, and still wont have money left.

Makes me fcuking laugh, all the ones saying they want a job and they are easy to find, etc., but are being choosy about what they do for a living.

Flipping burgers is a lot better than living off the DSS. I done it for 12 years and I'm certainly no 'spotty young college geek'.

I don't flip burgers any more, but I do work 40 hours a week in a garage, servicing and fixing cars, etc, which doesn't pay enough, so I work another 20 hours a week on top of that as a cleaner in the local hospital.

60 hours a week and I do all my own DIY on the house, car, etc.

Yes, I'm fcuked by the end of the week, but I don't have to rely on anyone to help me do anything.

Most people have it easy these days and if you really wanted to work, you'd work, regardless of what job it was.

Living in a council house is not an issue, but surely if you are paying full rent, then it would be better to get a mortgage and eventually own your own home.

Makes me fcuking laugh, all the ones saying they want a job and they are easy to find, etc., but are being choosy about what they do for a living.

Flipping burgers is a lot better than living off the DSS. I done it for 12 years and I'm certainly no 'spotty young college geek'.

I don't flip burgers any more, but I do work 40 hours a week in a garage, servicing and fixing cars, etc, which doesn't pay enough, so I work another 20 hours a week on top of that as a cleaner in the local hospital.

Yes, I'm fcuked by the end of the week, but I don't have to rely on anyone to help me do anything.

Most people have it easy these days and if you really wanted to work, you'd work, regardless of what job it was.

Living in a council house is not an issue, but surely if you are paying full rent, then it would be better to get a mortgage and eventually own your own home.

very true... BUT if i start down that path i'll never make anything of myself and end up living in abject poverty working 40+ hours a week to pay for it.

very true... BUT if i start down that path i'll never make anything of myself and end up living in abject poverty working 40+ hours a week to pay for it.

smacked the nail right on the head mate. tbph i wouldnt like to working 60hrs a week like you do just because i have too. i want to be in a position where the job ive got (job that i enjoy) pays that much or im happy to work it. to do that then sometimes its better to hold off a little and wait for it.

nothings ever as simple as people on the other end of the wall assume.

Theresa said it perfectly.

I guess it all just depends on the mentality and maturity of a person. Nobody wants to work 40-60 hours a week, nobody. But some folk see the bigger picture and want to make a better life for themselves.

I suppose it's all very well living in a subsidised council house, working what hours you like......... if that's what you want in life. (That's not a dig at anyone inparticular).