LED's Inside front door to illuminate chrome handles

stevemrst

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like this will do you, it also has wires attached. Im guess by the questions your asking that you dont do alot of soldering so this has the wires already there, Red for positive, black fro ground. As you say drill a hole as close to 5mm as you can but not over and you can either get away with a push fit or apply a small amount of glue to the back of the LED. Also file the end of the LED flat so it doesnt stick out inside the door lever cup.

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u12vp-redblue-p...ire-p-1233.html

gonna see what i can use for the light as i haven't got a clue what i'm doing with leds to make then red

I got some ultra violet leds from maplins(they got loads of different colours) they was 42p each and 470 ohm resistors from maplins 11p each and thats it I also had some led holders which u can also get from maplins

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i wanna do this,to all 4 doors,gonna take power from the same place as the footwell LEDS so 8 LEDs come on whenever the sidelights are on.All i need to know is, where is a god place to take a sidelight 12v feed from?

..answers his own question!! STALKS! im swapping them for 6 speeders over the next few days so using the 12v out at the stalks is a good idea!

i wanna do this,to all 4 doors,gonna take power from the same place as the footwell LEDS so 8 LEDs come on whenever the sidelights are on.All i need to know is, where is a god place to take a sidelight 12v feed from?

..answers his own question!! STALKS! im swapping them for 6 speeders over the next few days so using the 12v out at the stalks is a good idea!

take the power of any where that lights up when you put your lights on.i wired mine in the door connector then from the from the other side of the connector on to the leds.

If you lock the door at night when you start the journey and they go out, when you have finished and want to get out the car how do you see where they are then?

Maybe a electronic guy could help. Would it be hard to include somekind of capacitor or perhap a timer that would cut the power after the doors closed? I have the lights in my door where the reflectors used to be that work off the pin switch but I would need a circuit for the door handle lights that would hold charge for abit then go out once moving or after 10 seconds etc. Then agian they wouldne be on for when ive finsihed my journey at night and actully want to use the handle to get out of the car.

Edited by revoltos