RDS 6000 cd PLAYER ERROR E12

NARESH

Got a ford RDS 6000 CD Player - Manufacturers sticker shows it manufactured in Oct 2006 - still under warantee but ford wont fix unliss i have it fitted in the 06 reg car that it came with and i supply a log book. which i dont have as i brought it of a bloke in the car boot!

All works except when i input the CD it just spins and comes up error E12 - can anyone shed any light on this or give me a number/web address of someone who can help me?

thanks all

:cheers:

Try disconnecting it then re enter the radio Code, that sometimes reset the unit,,

Tried this already - didnt work - according to some write ups on the web. it is an error code for dirty lens but dont really want to open up and invalidate the warrantee in case someone comes up with an idea to get it into fords ! hint hint anybody?

not yet - only found out about it today - will try it tonight but cant reallly see them doing anything. As i said before dont really want to take to any shop to open up in case any body comes up with an idea to get it into fords as really its still under 12 months old and ford should honour the warrantee but they are just being ***oles !

no idea what the error code means, as mentioned most likely a lens fault.

i know a guy who can repair it for you but by time its been posted back and forth and his charges you could have bought another radio

i could also take a look at it if you like i've repaired a few radios and changers in the past

Edited by white_van_man

Got a ford RDS 6000 CD Player - Manufacturers sticker shows it manufactured in Oct 2006 - still under warantee but ford wont fix unliss i have it fitted in the 06 reg car that it came with and i supply a log book. which i dont have as i brought it of a bloke in the car boot!

All works except when i input the CD it just spins and comes up error E12 - can anyone shed any light on this or give me a number/web address of someone who can help me?

thanks all

:cheers:

according to the ford audio manual- E12-CLEAN THE DISC & TRY AGAIN,IF THE ERROR STILL SHOWS CONTACT A FORD DEALER

Edited by kaybe

I opened mine up last night - plugged it back in the car - it takes the cd in no problem - just does not spin at all - so the cd cleaner never worked the other day - i managed to clean the lens - it was loosly rolling along a silver bar guess its supposed to do that.

Now im stuck !

check the motor and drive belt?

When i put cd in the motor starts running - so i know it is working - but it dosent spin the cd - cant see a drive belt on it - seems like i have to take the underside out to get to so will have another look at the weekend - too busy drinking last night so didnt get a chance to get into it last night!