The shortened story of the GTi Estate

Lee R

dont think paul's noticed this thread yet, no doubt he'l be posting at some point....was an awesome car to own for a little while.

remember picking up a load of my family one afternoon and having to drop them home, car was full and we were going down a road full of speed bumps - we all had to clamber out and let paul drive over them realllllly slowly before piling back in further up the road, the only one left in the car was my nan who couldnt walk it :roll:

That track time at brunters was awesome, and the noise from those throttle boddies was amazing, it was good to see someone with the balls to do all that to an estate rather than a 3 door

hear hear trig..i wanna do some modding to my dads estate..but he wont let me!!

more e vicar.....yours is one of the better examples of an estate..(dont know what power its runnin) but the exterior looks smart as is mate :thumb:

It was an awesome car. Im not joking it was probably the best handling car i've ever driven, Which is shocking to say the least, performance wasn't amazing, but it was a thrilling experience through the gears, the sound of the bodies could make the hair stand up at the back of your neck. Sadly it was never finshed in my eyes, and the more i kept fixing the more problems got uncovered. In the end i had to let it go. For the record though, 15.1 quarter was the official time. But i bet if i had more experience in the car, and sorted out the wheel camber,so i could have dumped more throttle i could have got into high 14's easily without doubt.

RED1015.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC02341.jpg

Dyno at 190hp - although at increasing rpm limiter to 8.5k increased peak power to 203hp at the crank. Just check out how smooth that power line is. Persistant power!!!

31310483134.jpg

Deffo one of my favo's Estates in the whole of Europe.

Maybe not by the overall looks ( though the morettes wits the airintake looks awesome) , but TB-ied RS2K engine rocks my world. An Estate with balls does it for me.

Hope my Estate will last long enough to valid some power upgrade. It has the handling, since shortwhile the braking power is spot on. Now I only need more power. Still no idea which route to follow, but TB's for sure.

SNS001.jpg

Grtz

Bryan

It was an awesome car. Im not joking it was probably the best handling car i've ever driven, Which is shocking to say the least, performance wasn't amazing, but it was a thrilling experience through the gears, the sound of the bodies could make the hair stand up at the back of your neck. Sadly it was never finshed in my eyes, and the more i kept fixing the more problems got uncovered. In the end i had to let it go. For the record though, 15.1 quarter was the official time. But i bet if i had more experience in the car, and sorted out the wheel camber,so i could have dumped more throttle i could have got into high 14's easily without doubt.

RED1015.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC02341.jpg

Dyno at 190hp - although at increasing rpm limiter to 8.5k increased peak power to 203hp at the crank. Just check out how smooth that power line is. Persistant power!!!

31310483134.jpg

Hope my Estate will last long enough to valid some power upgrade. It has the handling, since shortwhile the braking power is spot on. Now I only need more power. Still no idea which route to follow, but TB's for sure.

Grtz

Bryan

Dont do it! I'm sure Lee will try his level best to talk you out of it!

TB on a 1.8 to get 165bhp required £5k for Ross iirc...

Lee has always said he wished he went with Fiesta RST engine or Zetec-Turbo instead of the I4-TB-NA route :thumb:

NA = not alot of bang for your buck :(