HAVING A NEW KEY CUT?

yorkie72

You already have the red master yeah? (as in the whole key is red not just a little chip in it) if you do then just go to any good key cutter and get a slave key cut to yours like this:

http://www.remotekey.co.uk/images/ford-keys.jpg (red not blue though, there for the transit but i don't know what the difference is!)

then you can programme it yourself. I would get 2 keys cut though as another spare cos you shouldn't use the red master one daily. You wouldn't want to lose that.

If you only have the red slave key, then you need to buy a red master and another slave key. then you need to get them all reprogrammed. Phone your local auto locksmiths they should be able to do it for under £50 if you supply the keys or they can supply the keys too

• 1 year later...

Im am in a similar problem as every one else except i dont have a key, i lost both of them and have my car sitting on my drive i really need to get to work so i have no choice i guees but to try and start it with out the key. Does any one have any help when it comes to the imoboliser? it only has an engine imoboliser so getting into it is not a problem but starting it is.

Leigh

• 1 year later...