Amazed at what i heard today!

Gonzo0

So me and my mate were just cruising round and decided to stop off at halfrauds and have a look at what they got. We got to the Exhaust tip section and joked about them until my mate said that my other mates exhaust isnt a backbox but just a ripspeed exhaust tip. I was shocked at this because it makes a lot of noise for an exhaust tip.

I thaught what the heck and bought one as my puny pea shooter looked pathectic. We had to cut abit of the tailpipe of so the new tip wouldnt stick out far. Once we i fitted it and fired up the engine i was amazed at the noise. Inside the tip is loads of holes which helps with the noise. My exhaust sounds meatier, gurggles at idle and when revved alot sounds induction like and when on the over run it starts popping :drool:

All my mates were amazed at this. For £20 its great, dont have to declare to insurance and keep costs down and doesnt attract the police.

I'll get a video up soon so you can be as shocked as i am.

Edited by Gonzo0

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had one similar to that before and i know what you mean about the sound.

good tip as well is to seal up the gap at back between the pipes with exhaust paste (makes it sound even better)

Edited by white_van_man

I went for a squire cut version of that On my 03 focus........fuckin brand new car refused to sound throaty....I ended up jibbing it off for a ST170 rear box then jibbed the whole soddin car off for a a whole ST170 :D

Yeah! had one of these on my old orion, must admit the sound is rather good lol. :innocent:

That's all I need to know! Think I'll be purchasing one tomorrow to see what all the fuss is about :thumb:

I must say though I will be surprised if the sound is as good as you guys are saying - it's hard to picture a little exhaust tip can do so much!