Lock barrel is FUBAR

LiamGTR

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so this lock is going to snap any day now I can just tell, it's getting worse and worse...

What options do I have? I've rang Ford and they want £97 just to take the lock off the door, then anything on top of that that needs doing...

Do I have any other options? The grease trick didn't work :(

what grease trick is that?

i have to open from passenger side. any advice would be great

How much would an average leccy guy cost to fit such a kit? I would like remote central locking:

1. Much safer I guess?

2. When I have a lass in the car she doesn't have to wait while I jump in and unlock her door manually:nutter:

3. Never had central locking before!

4. I think I need it now before my key snaps!

And p.s. by adding remote... would it totally eradicate the need for me to use my red key and lock on the door? (Slave master?)

Edited by LiamGTR

How much would an average leccy guy cost to fit such a kit? I would like remote central locking:

1. Much safer I guess? tis if you also disconnect the lock barrels after youve installed (avoid the screwdriver'ed lock theif)

2. When I have a lass in the car she doesn't have to wait while I jump in and unlock her door manually:nutter: (lass?.....still in denial I see)

3. Never had central locking before! well you are only young (resists urge to pinch cheek and ruffle hair)

4. I think I need it now before my key snaps! nar wait till the key snaps......makes so much more sense

And p.s. by adding remote... would it totally eradicate the need for me to use my red key and lock on the door? (Slave master?) as said.....you wont need to use the key on anything but the ignition barrel

nice, i think you have pretty much sold it to me Shaw, apart from the urge to punch you for your snide comments ;) haha, i've found this on eBay, would you or anybody else recommend I buy thi exact kit of can you point me in the direction of a better kit? not too fussed if it's a little more expensive but obviously don't want to be spending hundreds on a car worth less than my Xbox :pancake:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REMOTE-CENTRAL-LOCKI...=item53df0779ae

nice, i think you have pretty much sold it to me Shaw, apart from the urge to punch you for your snide comments ;) haha, i've found this on eBay, would you or anybody else recommend I buy thi exact kit of can you point me in the direction of a better kit? not too fussed if it's a little more expensive but obviously don't want to be spending hundreds on a car worth less than my Xbox :pancake:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REMOTE-CENTRAL-LOCKI...=item53df0779ae

if yours has factory fitted door barrel operated central locking that'll be fine, if not the case you'll need a complete kit (comes with 4x door solonoids aswell as that kit)

no big deal if its non-central locking, mine wasnt and it was pretty quick and easy to fit it all.

the link is the one I used, havnt had a single issue with it since fitting it

ebay clicky

to someone with little experiance or is a little aphrensive these things are a nightmare

just unraveling the wires will cause heart failure :innocent:

you realy need to be competent around cars to fit these IMHO