blackpool 10

i too had brekkie at rossie's was a little worried that rosie looked more like jim than rossie tbh and that every one else in that cafe at 8.30 in the morning looked like complete depressheads, so needless to say after my large ( well supposably anyway ) breakfast did a quick exit. basicaly got pi55 wet thru got that bored looked up were to find nearest halfrauds and wet for a gander. got bored again and decided to do the pleasure beach paid 9 squid for parking to find that its 30 squid each to get in the place ( wat a rip off imo) so didnt bother spent loads in the arcades and came home for a bout 5 ish.

both me and gonzoo was that pi55ed off that the day was crap went to oiur local meet at mfn for end of year dooooo and it was megga bout 1000 cars turned up of all varieties pole dancers wearing very little and at some points less than very little ( excuse the spelling as my vision is still impared !! :roll: ) so had a gd end to the day got bk about 11 ish so megga long day :cheers:

where is your local meets I may need to relocate!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arron, i told you it was Fcuking expensive at the Pleasure beach lol. Was good to see you dude and have a laugh :thumb:

Weather was properly dreadful which ruined the day really. I've not long since got back, as i've been down in Cleveleys, it was quite dry today with just the odd shower...Typical!!

Seen the 3 Evo car's parked up and spotted a few of you as i drove through...

mikke there was four as chico turned up and parked at the other side of us but dont know if he stopped for long

I didnt see you bronze4door, saw Mikes focus but not Mike (caught up with Dave W though).

Not sure who it was talking to Wayne? one of ours?

Not sure where Chico vanished too either, he was with us one minute then vanished lol.

I only returned from Blackpool this afternoon & it glorious sunshine there now, typical. I was soaked right through to the skin when I got back to my hotel around 3.30pm on Sunday.

Cant believe after me stating Clifton drive that phil still went to Clifton street pmsl. My gps led me right outside the nursing home I showed in the location. I was glad to see Wayne, Caroline & phil already in the show as I was getting worried I was going to be the only show with no one at the meet point. Granted I was late to the meet point myself due to the extreem moterway conditions on the M6.

Did anyone get their show plaques before they left?

Edited by PeeWee

I didnt see you bronze4door, saw Mikes focus but not Mike (caught up with Dave W though).

Not sure where Chico vanished too either, he was with us one minute then vanished lol.

I only returned from Blackpool this afternoon & it glorious sunshine there now, typical. I was soaked right through to the skin when I got back to my hotel around 3.30pm on Sunday.

Cant believe after me stating Clifton drive that phil still went to Clifton street pmsl. My gps led me right outside the nursing home I showed in the location. I was glad to see Wayne, Caroline & phil already in the show as I was getting worried I was going to be the only show with no one at the meet point. Granted I was late to the meet point myself due to the extreem moterway conditions on the M6.

yes gonzoo did that was ermmmmmm......... shite to basicaly rectangular piece of orange plastic with some silver/white writing on. :nutter:

yes gonzoo did that was ermmmmmm......... shite to basicaly rectangular piece of orange plastic with some silver/white writing on. :nutter:

Well they dont charge for them & the shows only £3 so all in all I think its nice that they actually take the time to comemorate it each year tbf.

So what is the 3 squid for then?

Privilage to park on a zone restricted for a Ford car show (much like other shows but cheaper).

Take into account parking in Blackpool is on average £9. Its certainly not for the plaque, from what I gather other shows often charge a seperate fee for the plaques dont they? I think its just a keepsake to collect every year.

Privilage to park on a zone restricted for a Ford car show (much like other shows but cheaper).

Take into account parking in Blackpool is on average £9. Its certainly not for the plaque, from what I gather other shows often charge a seperate fee for the plaques dont they? I think its just a keepsake to collect every year.

no all the plaques i have had ive never had to pay for, and as for the ford restricted parking the was an audi, a clio sport in blue, a subaru impreza + others but to name a few at the weekend, and most the other shows have other cars on apart from fords. :mellow:

no all the plaques i have had ive never had to pay for, and as for the ford restricted parking the was an audi, a clio sport in blue, a subaru impreza + others but to name a few at the weekend, and most the other shows have other cars on apart from fords. :mellow:

Yep I saw a Porsche too, I was really appalled at that tbh, I contacted the organiser that clearly stated it was strictly ford only.

As for plaques maybe times have changed, I know for a fact I paid extra for an FITP plaque a few years back.

My biggest dissapointment is that this show has grown over 10 years and after last years cancel & this years rain it would be a shame to see it drop down.

Those who came to previous years im sure will vouch for how good this show has been in the past, its been warm and sunny previously which obviously makes a difference.

A for the restricted parking, regardless, you had to be with a club to park there, thats what the £3 was for. Or are you saying non fords/fords can park on stand space at various shows for free?

Edited by PeeWee

no not saying they can park there for free was just saying that there is always other makes of cars at shows and tbh was abit miffed at not being allowed to come due to having a renault to find one there and audis etc etc etc

no not saying they can park there for free was just saying that there is always other makes of cars at shows and tbh was abit miffed at not being allowed to come due to having a renault to find one there and audis etc etc etc

And as I said, I wasnt well pleased myself seeing as the organiser told us "strictly Ford only".

But my original answer was more to do with your wondering what the £3 fee was for.

The Renault, Audi's were not with us though so I cant really comment on that can I only to tell you what the organiser of the whole event told us.

Had I said "yeah come & show with us" after him telling me no chance, im sure members coming all that way would have aimed any turning aways at myself knowing what I was told.

Edited by PeeWee