Master Cylinder and Servo

ryan_gwa

At the moment, I'm using 270mm RS rears and 278mm Mondeo V6 fronts on a standard Servo/Master Cylinder.

Ive just bought some Mk3 Calipers for 300mm fronts, is there any upgrade/bigger unit I can buy for the Servo/MC? Or or the standard capable?

Im not sure how much efficiency is going to the rear/front, but it seems pretty evenly set-up.

Ryan

You can't fit much in that's larger in diameter, unless you want to start attacking the bulkhead with an angle grinder..

I would be prepared to, but only if it was noticeable difference. What kind of upgrades can you use, like a Mondeo master cylinder?

is there any difference between the rs2000 master cylinder and a standard one? I have never checked

Bluliz looked this up for me a while ago; from memory, the mk5 130/150ps one is different, but all mk6 ones are the same.. not 100% sure though.

Mondeo one will physically bolt onto the bracket, not sure if you'd need to modify the lever, but the brake lines would need to be changed.. i'd predict it'd be a noticeable improvement.

I know its much bigger, as I was looing at my 2.0 mondeo's one. Wether it fits in that space alright is another question.

Operation should be straight foward except the brake bar. Thats the pain in the arse bit.

Luckily my mate is a welder/machinest by trade so he might be able to help me out. If not, then looking for a 130ps variant might be an idea as you said before?

Maybe have a look on microcat and see if the part numbers are different.

i got duruns on the front of mine, and they lock up like a beauty :( lol.

need 2 new front ones now so im gonna look for somthing good.

i personally think that with the 300mm brakes you wont notice any difference because the piston on the caliper isnt much different to the ones on the cossie set up, its around the same size tbh.

see what its like when i fit mine :)

kumhos = pants. I can work my V6 brakes uber hard and not lock up thanks to my falkens,which i think are Shite but id hate to see hoiw bad kumhos are.

Scoop, Falkens are theee shittest tyre goin in my opinion. Only after Nankang. Kumho Ectsa are very reasonably priced for what you get.

Try sorting your cars body work before you can atleast take a dig at my tyres. For the cost of my tyres would have sorted you bonnet and doors!

Kumho = good, the best in my opinion you can get for less than an arm and a leg!