a good idea from the government?

reid

Good idea in my opinion, your ability to use a car doesn't make you a good driver. Anyone with any sort of co-ordination can park a car, reverse round a corner etc. However it still won't stop young drivers driving like twats when they pass. A lot of them will do it regardless of what test they have to pass in order to gain their licence.

At least a few times a week I still get Mr 106, Mr Clio or who ever trying to race me off the mark and then proceeding to weave in and out of other cars. I'd still love to know why they bother as it's always baffled me, it's as if they beat you it must mean their car is faster.....

It is nice to see the Government taking some form of action regarding driving tests though because it's far too easy and a lot of people who pass have no idea how to actually drive, especially on the motorway.

Good idea in my opinion, your ability to use a car doesn't make you a good driver. Anyone with any sort of co-ordination can park a car, reverse round a corner etc. However it still won't stop young drivers driving like twats when they pass.

fuckin gets my vote......... along with the re-test at certian ages, biddies are lethal annoying people!

some old drivers are better than young ones as per scotteh's reply.. how many times have we seen the show us your shunt area full of "young" idiots ditching their cars because of driving too fast down a country road for example :rolleyes:

its not about age its about ability..

Good idea in my opinion, your ability to use a car doesn't make you a good driver. Anyone with any sort of co-ordination can park a car, reverse round a corner etc. However it still won't stop young drivers driving like twats when they pass.

fuckin gets my vote......... along with the re-test at certian ages, biddies are lethal annoying people!

some old drivers are better than young ones as per scotteh's reply.. how many times have we seen the show us your shunt area full of "young" idiots ditching their cars because of driving too fast down a country road for example :rolleyes:

its not about age its about ability..

yer theyve got the ability to drive a 20mph everywhere they go down to a tee!....all the time hunched over the steering wheel squinting just to make out the end of their bonnets :pancake:

yer theyve got the ability to drive a 20mph everywhere they go down to a tee!....all the time hunched over the steering wheel squinting just to make out the end of their bonnets :pancake:

tbh that sounds more like all the chav twats you see driving around ..

id rather sit behind a sensible person doing 20 than a dickhead in his saxo tearing down a street doing 50 with no ounce of driving safe.. all you need is a child to step into the road..... and bang their dead

little while ago some kid killed his GF and another friend on new years eve by driving head first into a bus in a saxo (or similair) pushing the stationary bus back 4 feet!!! your telling me his a better driver than an older person doing 20?....

Mutley is right. Old people get discriminated against when it comes to driving when people don't put thought into it.

Not all old people drive everywhere at 20mph either. Obviously you should need to have the correct vision etc to drive, but i'm pretty sure you need regular checks at your doctor after a certain age if you want to keep your licence?

Andy is only worried about old people being discriminated against because he's part of the Old Brigade these days :pancake:

Being a bad driver isn't associated with age, some old people are excellent drivers, others aren't. It's the same with young drivers, however young drivers are more likely to drive like morons because it's "cool" AIIIIIIIIIGHT

Andy is only worried about old people being discriminated against because he's part of the Old Brigade these days :pancake:

Being a bad driver isn't associated with age, some old people are excellent drivers, others aren't. It's the same with young drivers, however young drivers are more likely to drive like morons because it's "cool" AIIIIIIIIIGHT

And middle aged Men in bmw's and mercs too because 'they are in a rush'

Just going to cost more money for motorists :glare:

The theory test is a good idea but why don't people have to pass this before going onto public roads?

The government should really crack down on the insurance companies because of sexual discrimination, I mean why should men have to pay more and for it to be allowed.... WTF?? :curse:

The government should really crack down on the insurance companies because of sexual discrimination, I mean why should men have to pay more and for it to be allowed.... WTF?? :curse:

because statistics have a part to play in the risk assesment associated with insurance costs.

The thing is if older people don't get checks on their eyesight regularly who is going to know?

Young chavvy driver's who think it is cool to drive as fast as their lil 1.1 will go are pathetic and there should be more training on the outcomes of accidents caused by speed, drink driving, racing etc.

There is a training video that gets shown to the lorry driver's at my mum's work and even they get choked up it is that horrific but true, this should be shown to all new drivers, just to show what can be caused by an accident.