DIAGRAM OF THE FRONT CALIPERS BENDIX

mrmetallica

Mate theres only two seals that you need to worry about, there's the dust seal on the end of the piston which you can see when you look at the caliper. Once that is of and you pull out the piston you will seal a ring seal on the other end of the piston, thats the fluid seal. The other rubber parts on a caliper are the bleed nipple cover and the seals for the sliding part of the caliper. Its an easy job to overhaul chap.

Mate theres only two seals that you need to worry about, there's the dust seal on the end of the piston which you can see when you look at the caliper. Once that is of and you pull out the piston you will seal a ring seal on the other end of the piston, thats the fluid seal. The other rubber parts on a caliper are the bleed nipple cover and the seals for the sliding part of the caliper. Its an easy job to overhaul chap.

ok mate.the rubbers on the sliding bar are fooked.i got a kit from fords today and the parts don't look familiar

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/12050.jpg

any body recognize it ?

ive order the bits you described

when i took my piston out, i only had one seal, the one on the end which, like you say, you can see from the outside without removing the piston. There wasnt an empty groove or locating rebate that i could see either.

mrmetallica, 3 different ford dealers tell me that they dont sell these kits and that the only option is to buy refurbs at around £80 a side!!! Oh yeah, they take your old calipers too. I assume they stick a set of seals on your old ones and bash them out for £80 a go too.

You mention that your slidey part seals have gone too, do your brakes squeek or make high pitched noises at all?