Gonzo0s' recommended list of car wash products

Gonzo0

I always like to keep my car clean and shiny and to do this i use a wide variety of cleaning products to do the job.

The Shampooing

For the shampooing of the car i use the 2 bucket method with a meguirs microfibre wash mitt

and meguirs gold class shampoo and conditioner.

The wash mitt is very good at keeping you paintwork free from swirl marks and small scratches due to the microfibre material.

It also keeps your hand warm during those colder months.

The meguirs gold glass shampoo is quite a thick liquid/gel that produces lots of suds for removing dirt and other light contaminents.

It also contains wax so helps with drying and keeping a nice shine to the paintwork

The drying

To dry the car i use a flexy rubber squeeqy(sp?) to remove most of the water on the car then 2 microfibre cloths to dry off the rest of the car

and remove any drops of water that if not removed will leave water spots.

The Polishing

Now onto the polishing. To polish the car and give it that smooth, shiny look i use Autoglym super resin polish which is avaliable in different sizes.

This polish can be used with a machine or by hand, if you cant be bothered with the hard buffing that comes after applying then i suggest you get a polish machine from halfords.

The SRP once applied using a foam applicator and buffed using a microfibre cloth will leave a very smooth a clear paintwork as it masks a lot of the swirl marks on the paintwork. It also protects the paintwork aswell so polishing is not required every wash.

The waxing

Now to add and protect that shine youve just made using the polish its time to give the car a coat of wax.

For this i use Turtle wax high gloss car wax as it is well priced and does a great job. It is applied in the same way you applied the polish but is easier to buff than the SRP. Doing this process you should only need to wax the car every month to keep a shine to the paintwork.

Wheels

To clean the alloy wheels i use meguirs hot rims which is an excellent product at removing brake dust and grime without stripping the alloys of sealent and smells nice too. Just spray onto the alloys making sure you civer the intire wheel and leave to work its magic for about 20 seconds before remocing with

a pressure washer.

This should be done before you wash the car so you do not get water and dirt onto the paintwork once its been cleaned.

For the tyres i use meguirs hot shine tyre spray which gives tyres that lovely wet look finish and also prevents cracking. It can also be used to blacken bit of plastic trim such as bump strips and handles.

With these products i have achieved great results and a car the keeps its shine for weeks.

bongo more about claying, i was recommended to do this to my new paint?

bought for about £8 delivered its enough to do 2 cars.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/images/SONGreenClay1.jpg

a clay bar when used correctly will remove all the contaminants from your paintwork that washing will not i.e, tar spots,tree sap,overspray etc...stuff thats bonded to your paint.

how to clay your car

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZRj509Ir8

:thumb: