For fear of sounding a n00b

andre88uk

all i do is wash it with auto glym shampoo, rum a turtle wax aqua blade over it to get rid of the watter then chammy wots left. then i use the meguiars clay detailing kit then a goin over with meguiers wax. Polish the windows with auto glym polish and touch up the black plastic with the bumper care. Rim wax the alloys and spray the tyres with the auto glym trye dresser. hover in side then clean the windows and a quick polish. Job done for me! takes me about 2 hours but if im in a hurry a just wash it and polishish it with auto glym paint renovater, thats good stuff!

cheap everyday products clean as well as any others ,for that finishing touch its always best to use a good polish ,but overall nothing wrong with a bit of fairy in a bucket with a sponge and a squirt of traffic film remover sprayed on the alloys,some people are very anal and obsessive over cleaning products ,just clean it regular and you will be happy Edited by 1pukkadeal

I went and bought a kit from halfords, has about 8 different bottles. Was cheaper then the net. Its Autoglym stuff and actually pretty decent. It was 40 pounds but I can see it lasting a while. Brought up my fucked bumpers very well.

DONT use fairy liquid! imagine all the shite thats in it to strip of grease and all the stubborn food,what it would do to your lovely paintwork..

1.wash using any cheap car shampoo really £5 roughly

2.clay sonus green(not necessary but a good idea)only roughly twice a year, £7 off ebay

3.wash again

4.autoglym super resin polish £8

5.any decent wax meguiars step 3 carnauba is ok. £8

a few microfibre cloths etc...

so for about £40, a quick and cheap run down to make your car look 90% better than most,(most of the products would last the average person a year,apart from shampoo.

:thumb:

Try to avoid using all-in-one products. Its a bit like getting dressed in the shower. I use Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner and then either stick a glaze or megs gold class on top or both if im feeling energetic with the buffing.

It can be a whole new world to get into and each product has to be used right or you can make a very expensive wax look cheap and nasty. Ive used waxes which cost a pound before and if you work them right, you can still produce a finish close to the decent ones. Wont last as long though.

If you want a pucka finish which only needs maintaining then set aside about 2 days and totally strip the paintwork down of all wax and previous finishes. Clay bar, polish out all scratches and swirls, then seal it in without making more scratches. Once you have done this, washing your car will seem like a breeze with only minimal waxing needed after each wash.

I started off using big yellow sponges, turtlewax crappyness and always wondered why it never came out quite right with spiders webs all over it. If your serious about getting your paintwork in order, then read and read and read. When you've read up about stuff, read it again and then get practicing. Apart from knowing what to do, make sure you understand what NOT to do. I could waffle on for hours and i still dont know half the stuff that a professional could advise you on so best thing to do is to keep asking questions before you buy and apply.

Well I have a radiant red car as most of you know and its one of the worst colours to look after and I use normal fairy liquid in a bucket of warm water ,and im sure all those that have seen my car think I spend silly money on cleaning products ,Well I dont and whats more I have used fairy for years and mine is just cleaned regular top to tail and polished once a month ,I only use the genuine fairy liquid though not these cheapo ones from a pound shop Edited by 1pukkadeal